UnityPoint Health - Methodist | Proctor | The Point of Unity is You.
UnityPoint Health is one of the nation's most integrated health systems. We have a vision for healthcare, and it starts with you: "Best outcome for every patient, every time."
Through relationships with more than 280 physician clinics, 29 hospitals in metropolitan and rural communities, and home care services throughout its 8 regions, UnityPoint Health provides care throughout Illinois and Iowa.
We surround you with care that is coordinated between your doctor's office, hospital and in your home.
With almost 600 board-certified physicians backed by a dedicated team of healthcare professionals who combine high-tech medicine with genuine warmth and caring, UnityPoint Health - Methodist provides coordinated clinic, hospital and home-based care for patients in Central Illinois.
UnityPoint Health-Methodist Campus
Shift: Full-time /2nd shift 3P-11P/32 hrs per week
The cook prepares entrees, vegetable and pureed foods for the patient food service as well as entrees and vegetables for the employees' and visitors' cafeteria. The cook also assists in cleaning operations within the food service area on a timely basis.
Fulfills MMCI and department required education. The incumbent must fulfill department and MMCI required educational training in the following areas:
1. Performs the duties of cook, and should have had previous quantity or institutional cooking experience or have completed an apprenticeship or on-job training program. Previous hospital experience would be desirable.
2. ADA – American Disability Act
3. Confidentiality Video
4. Hazardous Material Competency
5. General Equipment safety
6. Keeping You Informed meetings
People to People Maintaining food quality and production.
1. Follows standardized recipes and menus
2. Prepares and serves all items with “eye” appeal
3. Responsible for properly cooked and/or reheated food
4. Follows safety guidelines for properly cooled food
5. Ability to assist in trimming meat properly, vegetable preparation, grinding meat, stirring sauces, preparing soups, and checking on meat while it is cooking, etc.
6. Ability to use proper sanitation principles for cleaning equipment and supplies, meat slicer, cutting boards, utensils, and tables.
7. Consistent with food texture, taste, color and appearance.
8. Ability to prepare catering meals for doctor's staff, daily events and tray line service and cafeteria.
9. Ability to determine proper amounts of food to be prepared to eliminate the possibility of waste.
10. Ability to assist in various ways to make the preparation of meals as time convenient as possible.
Maintains a positive working relationship
. 1. Ability to work cooperatively with other members of staff in kitchen
2. Ability to focus on customer based needs and continuous quality improvement.
3. Ability to conduct self in a professional manner.
4. Consistent with wearing proper dress code and name badge.
5. Consistent with wearing hair restraints, gloves when preparing food
6. Fulfills MMCI and department required education
7. Responsible for serving nutritious meals that enhance the patient's healing process
8. Ensures that well-balanced meals are also available to visitors and employees in the cafeteria.
Preparation and cooking.
1. Responsible for properly thawing meats and following safety guide principles
2. Maintains clean and properly sanitized food contact surfaces
3. Uses thermometers to determine proper food temperatures
4. Stores food in the proper manner to avoid contamination
5. Properly washes hands and uses good personal hygiene practices (i.e., fingernails should be trim and clean, hairnets are worn at all times)
6. Uses proper food handling procedures: washes hands, wears gloves
7. Uses general rule of storage principles First In First Out (FIFO)
8. Prepares odd orders of food that are written down on tally sheets which are given to the cooks by the food techs
9. Prepares specially prepared food according to the patient's individual health needs
1. High School Diploma required.
1. 1-3 years of experience in/with institutional cooking preferred.