UnityPoint Health - Methodist | Proctor | The Point of Unity is You.
UnityPoint Health is one of the nation's most integrated health systems. We have a vision for healthcare, and it starts with you: "Best outcome for every patient, every time."
Through relationships with more than 280 physician clinics, 29 hospitals in metropolitan and rural communities, and home care services throughout its 8 regions, UnityPoint Health provides care throughout Illinois and Iowa.
We surround you with care that is coordinated between your doctor's office, hospital and in your home.
With almost 600 board-certified physicians backed by a dedicated team of healthcare professionals who combine high-tech medicine with genuine warmth and caring, UnityPoint Health - Methodist provides coordinated clinic, hospital and home-based care for patients in Central Illinois.
Environmental Services Assistant
UnityPoint Health-Methodist Campus
Shift: Full-time /40 hrs per week 9A-5:30P
To clean all public and patient areas in the medical center on a routine basis to provide a clean aesthetic environment. To perform special functions as assigned and required by the Environmental Services Coordinator.
Job Knowledge/Problem Solving
1. Ability to assess daily workflow and make changes as deemed necessary.
2. Knowledge of duties, chemicals and equipment.
3. Resourcefulness and effectiveness in dealing with stressful situations and emergencies.
4. Easily adapts to all changing routines.
5. Knowledge of location of various support areas.
6. Current on all in-services.
Quality of Work
1. Follows all departmental cleaning procedures.
2. Observes and follows Safety and Sanitation guidelines.
3. All areas are cleaned thoroughly and consistently with little or no discrepancies.
4. Practices the Critical Moments of Truth.
5. Strives to reach Patient Satisfaction goals.
6. Offers assistance to others when census in their area is low.
7. Utilizes Wet Floor signs. Wears appropriate PPE.
8. Performs turnover activities rapidly and
9. Uses downtime to improve unit appearance and accepts additional assignments.
Quantity of Work
1. Schedule is completed on a daily basis.
2. Completes project work assigned.
3. Initiates project work.
4. Seeks to perform outside of schedule.
5. Implements procedures to increase productivity.
6. Equipment properly maintained (vacuum bags and filters changed).
7. Housekeeping closet, mop sink and cart kept neat and orderly.
8. Leaves carts stocked for the next day.
1. Supports the efforts of fellow employees through teamwork.
2. Coordinates efforts and cooperates with all levels of staff, inside and outside the department.
3. Accepts changing conditions, new procedures and direction from others.
4. Effectively communicates with appropriate personnel within and outside the department.
5. Assists other department staff by volunteering, filling in and accepting additional work not normally part of the job.
6. Adheres to all MMCI and EVS policies and procedures.
7. Wears appropriate name badge and uniform according to department policies.
8. Attends and meets all requirements of all in-services.
9. Absent/tardy rate below 3% for full competency.
1. High School Diploma preferred
1. 1-3 years of experience in/with professional cleaning not necessary but preferred.