Assists the technologist in performing basic patient care according to medical center policies and procedures to ensure quality patient care of assigned patients of all ages.
- Demonstrates knowledge of patient care, comfort and safety procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of moving, lifting, transferring and ambulating patients using standard safety practices (or proper body mechanics).
- Demonstrates knowledge of film and paper work processes (correct film identification).
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
Performs department maintenance duties/errands upon request to help ensure a clean, efficient department
- Participates in assigned maintenance tasks such as: cleaning x-ray tables and equipment.
- Assists in stocking necessary room supplies such as linen, emesis basins, etc.
- Assists assigned area with readings and errands as requested.
- Transports paper work internally between work areas (traffic control, sorting areas, ED, etc).
Uses time, supplies and other resources productively to promote responsive and cost effective care.
- Prioritizes messages and work in an efficient consistent manner
- Assists others in assignment completion
- Relays information in an accurate manner to correct individual
- Uses maintenance services efficiently by promptly reporting unsafe equipment or risky situation
Performs support functions of the medical imaging department to ensure patient expectations and needs are met.
- Promptly processes images and paper work to ensure timely turn around in providing a report to the physician's office.
- Maintains and coordinates patient flow to ensure efficient and expedient patient care, transporting patients to and from the department as required.
- Maintains and ensures a safe environment for patients and personnel and maintenance of the QA, QC, QI programs.
- Assists physicians and other hospital personnel in locating images for review in PACS.
- Able to access and print reports from the RIS system.