UnityPoint Health - Methodist | Proctor | The Point of Unity is You.
UnityPoint Health is one of the nation's most integrated health systems. We have a vision for healthcare, and it starts with you: "Best outcome for every patient, every time."
Through relationships with more than 280 physician clinics, 29 hospitals in metropolitan and rural communities, and home care services throughout its 8 regions, UnityPoint Health provides care throughout Illinois and Iowa.
We surround you with care that is coordinated between your doctor's office, hospital and in your home.
With almost 600 board-certified physicians backed by a dedicated team of healthcare professionals who combine high-tech medicine with genuine warmth and caring, UnityPoint Health - Methodist provides coordinated clinic, hospital and home-based care for patients in Central Illinois.
UnityPoint Health-Methodist Campus
Shift: Full-time /40 hrs per week both 1st and 2nd shift
Assists patients with their selection of food items from a daily menu and alternate menu that fits the patient's diet order and preference. Collects and reviews patient menus for accuracy. Delivers food trays and snacks and picks up trays, records fluid intake and % eaten after meals. Passes snacks and provides floor stock to unit pantries.
Delivers and Collects Patient Food Trays per Departmental Policies and Procedures
1. Delivers trays to patient's bedside per Delivery Schedule
2. Delivers nourishments to patient or makes arrangements for patient to receive
3. Documents 100% of patients intake and fluid intake on patient's record
4. Documents 100% of calorie count intakes, researching when not completed, turn in to dietitians daily
5. Delivers late trays of special orders/requests/changes in orders as needed
Maintains Unit Kitchens, Floor Stock, and Refrigerators
1. Inventories and distributes floor stock daily, according to established deadlines
2. Rotates floor stock and maintains light housekeeping of refrigerators, counters, and drawers on the nursing units and other designated lounges or pantries
3. Documents refrigerator temperatures daily and ensures the receipt of documentation for Quality Improvement each month
4. Maintains and ensures a safe, clean, sanitary and organized environment utilizing gloves, hairnets, proper cleaning materials, proper temperatures for food service (cold and hot foods), etc.
Manages Information in the Office
1. Keeps manual kardexes up to date with daily/hourly changes from the doctor's orders, patients' requests, and dietitians' orders. Manual kardexes include the floor kardexes and the nourishment record
2. Accurately tallies all items for food preparation by established deadlines to include foods that are not on the menu or the alternate menu using tally forms, including all late additions, changes or discharges
3. Follows the write-in procedure daily
Manages the Patient Menu Process
1. 95% accuracy on menu audits per diet order and departmental policies and procedures
2. Turns in menus on time
3. 100% face to face visit with patient and/or family, evidenced by a random audit (likes and dislikes known and reported to team)
4. Aware of information given at food-tech meetings, i.e., attend meetings and/or read minutes of meeting
5. Attends 6-8 hours of MMCI or department education per HRD guidelines
1. Technical School preferred
1. 1-3 years of experience in/with customer service required.
2. 1-3 years of experience in/with food or health care preferred.