Top of the World Ranch has partnered with the Robert Young Center to establish a new residential addiction treatment program in Milan, IL and is now accepting applications for employment for the Administrative Safety Technician. This position is responsible for supporting and assisting our residential clients and staff, our clinical programming, the general operation of the treatment program and all areas where extra assistance can be performed. This is a 3rd shift position, primarily serving as the “face” of the organization during typical non-business hours. Responsible for reception, safety and security of clients and staff, light maintenance and cleaning.
Clerical & General Environment
· Prepares and submits reports as deemed necessary.
· Monitors and documents progress of clients using the implemented communication tools.
· Participates in any quality assurance program and seeks to continuously improve the program, and facilities within fiscal and departmental parameters.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Preferred or Specialized
High School Diploma or equivalent
Previous experience with substance abuse and addiction treatment, especially in a residential setting.
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Knowledge of the addiction and specific attention to characteristics and behaviors of both individual and groups.
· Knowledge of modern drug/alcohol services and programs
· Ability to work independently with little supervision.
· This is an over-night position – must have the ability work evening and overnight shifts as well as weekend rotation as deemed necessary
· Ability to work with a diverse population of clients
· Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to work well as part of a team.
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.