Top of the World Ranch has partnered with the Robert Young Center to establish a new residential addiction treatment program in Milan IL and is now accepting applications for employment for the Resident Overnight Assistant. This position is responsible for ensuring a safe and secure environment for our clients and staff. This is a 3rd shift position, primarily responsible to be on-site in the residence over-night and serving as a resource for clients should an emergency situation arise.
Weekly Hours: 16hrs per week
Client Care & Security
· Primarily responsible for a safe and secure environment for clients during the over-night hours.
· Required to be on-site and in the residence for all hours during work shift.
· Provide assistance in emergency situations; communicate as per policy/protocol to appropriate TOTWR staff as deemed necessary.
· Responsible for critical incident management during over-night hours.
· Provide proper documentation and reporting when necessary of any over-night incidents.
· Responsible to contact appropriate authorities as situation dictates. Examples: Fire department, ambulance, police, etc.
· Adheres to policies/procedures for all aspects concerning care of the facilities and clients.
· Understands and follow all protocols/procedures & policies necessary to ensure safety of clients and staff.
· Participates in any applicable quality assurance programs and seeks to continuously improve the program and surroundings.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High School Diploma or equivalent
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Ability to work independently with little supervision.
· This is a part-time / over-night position – must have the ability to cover weekend rotation.
· Ability to work with a diverse population of clients
· Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to work well as part of a team.
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.