Collection, securing and shipping, to appropriate laboratory for drug testing, of bodily fluids. Exceptional attention to detail and ability to follow protocol as designed for each collection. Collections will include urine, saliva (including drug and alcohol) and breath alcohol. Ability to work independently and within a group environment.
· Accurately collects a variety of specimen following protocols for each specimen type.
· Accurately enters information in software, creating electronic record
· Assists drug testing and mobile testing employees with other duties as needed.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High School Diploma
Secondary education with an emphasis on Medical Office environment is preferred
1-2 years Medical office environment
Specimen collection certification is preferred
Specimen collection certification and Alcohol Testing certification is not required at time of hire but required to attain within 60 days of hire.
High level attention to detail and accuracy in data entry. Must attain basic knowledge of Federal and state regulations governing drug/alcohol testing.
Use of usual and customary business equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
High level of computer experience with a focus on MS Office programs