- Performs a wide variety of operational support activities
- Prepares a variety of material such as reports, communications, forms, memos, projects, processes, letters, and presentations
- Effectively uses software applications in the course of assigned duties
- Effectively become proficient with EMR (electronic medical record) computer system(s) such as Epic, CPR+, or Horizon
- Arranges and schedules a variety of meetings; notifying participants, confirming dates and times, reserving meeting rooms, and preparing materials and equipment needed during meetings
- Attends and participates in meetings; may take, transcribe, and distribute meeting minutes as directed
- Maintains accurate and detailed calendar of events, due dates, and schedules related to the assigned work unit or program and its services to ensure proper tasks and activities occur as scheduled
- Coordinates assigned Service level functions and details with other departments as necessary
- Assists other support staff with assigned functions as needed; may oversee and direct the work of other staff
- Provide support and guidance to the Administrative Support Team in the absence of the Regional Office Manager.
- Sets up and trains staff in the use of electronic devices as necessary.
- Scan, route, &/or index into any of several repositories using dedicated scanners or MFPs (multifunction printers)
- Runs reports and distribute (e.g. SHP, Case Manager Reports, admit/discharge, certification, physician portal, held bills)
- Assist with editing and creation of organizations clinical and administrative forms.
- Receives, reviews, and verifies documents, records and forms for accuracy, completeness, and conformance to applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Follow written processes that require the use of complex computer processes
- Create written processes that can be easily understood and applied
- Collaborate with a variety of employees to ensure that workflow is effective and timely
- Budget time, schedule duties, and prioritize in alignment with the mission and operational needs
- Communicate professionally with both internal and external individuals in a manner that is concise, objects are clear, and action items are known
- Independently apply critical thinking and problem solving
- Facility, asset, & resource management.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Meets measures as determined and required for job productivity and performance improvement
- Behave in a manner consistent with Mission, Vision, Values and Expectations for Excellence.
- Maintain compliance with OSHA, Accreditation Standards and Risk Management guidelines.
- Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
- Occasional after hours or overnight travel
- Behave in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as requested by Regional Office Manager, to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the assigned service.
- Employee is responsible for completion of communication tasks and activities in a timely manner. This would include, but is not limited to: responding to email, voicemail or telephony messages, promptly, accurately, and professionally; attending staff meetings as scheduled or viewing videotapes of those meetings; asking questions of team members and supervisors when needing clarification about various day-to-day issues or patient needs; and reviewing employee communication pieces, to stay aware of UnityPoint at Home programs and initiatives.
- Associate degree in business, health administration, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software applications-Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Adobe.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Typing ability of 50 wpm and kph.
- Ability to exercise initiative, problem-solving and decision-making.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Completion of all physical capacity testing; if applicable.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed