Provide instruction to the students of Methodist College in the area of Nursing.
1. Provide clinical and some didactic educational instruction to students.
2. Serve as student advisor, advising students regarding course of study, assignments, and general expectations of the student role.
3. Demonstrate involvement in scholarly activities such as presentations, participation as a member of a research team, beginning publications and demonstration of evidence based practice.
4. Provide service to the College through committee membership and other assignments.
5. Provide service to the community through application of professional expertise.
6. Assist in recruiting qualified students to the program.
7. Other duties as assigned.
8. Investigation of certification programs specific to specialty area.
Faculty employed must hold a minimum of a master’s degree in nursing. Required is for full time instructors to start in a doctorate in nursing or education program during 3rd year.
Faculty shall have had a minimum of one to two years of experience in clinical nursing practice. OB/PEDS experience preferred.
Faculty member shall hold a current unrestricted license as a registered nurse in Illinois. Active CPR required for teaching nurses courses.