ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides supervision for the clinical team related to productivity, quality, documentation, service delivery and attainment of financial outcomes.
- Approves and coordinates coverage for staff absences, vacations and maintains staffing needs in accordance with safe patient care and quality standards.
- Monitors productivity, clinical assignments and direct supervision of scheduling workflows to ensure compliance with established operation metrics and compliance with regulation standards.
- Provides staff assignments based upon patient acuity, geography and clinical staff expertise
- Provides coverage for supervisory staff during absences/vacation requests and leadership call responsibility as assigned.
- Facilitate case conference sessions for care coordination, discharge planning and utilization, and field observations to ensure compliance with regulatory and state regulations.
- Addresses and resolves patient/caregiver complaints, events or safety concerns from patient, family or caregivers.
- Maintains familiarity with patient care plans in preparation to perform case conference reviews and mentors staff appropriately to ensure goals of care and outcomes are being met.
- Coordinates complex referral to ensure effective processes implemented between referral source, central coordination and clinical staff.
- Monitor and enforce compliance related to documentation standards, regulatory and licensing requirements
- Assess and educate staff on job performance in meeting or exceeding agency established benchmarks, e.g. quality outcomes, patient satisfaction, productivity and documentation requirements.
- Monitors quality data and facilitates clinician intervention to adjust clinical documentation errors timely and address care delivery (level and type) are managed according to established organization metrics.
- Provides leadership and direct supervision for clinical problem solving, mentoring, coaching and performance management in accordance to HR policy and process administration.
- Provides direct supervision and evaluation of assigned staff to include annual performance evaluation, field supervision and coaching/mentoring sessions.
- Approves and manages payroll entries through electronic systems.
- Interprets data and implements best practices to achieve established metrics for clinical, fiscal and satisfaction outcomes.
- Participates and supports continuous process improvement and quality initiatives.
- Participates in interview and hiring process including completion of the onboarding process and coordinates orientation and training programs for new staff.
- Understanding and working knowledge of third party coverage.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Behave in a manner consistent with Mission, Vision, Values and Expectations for Excellence.
- Maintain compliance with OSHA, Accreditation Standards and Risk Management guidelines.
- Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
- Behave in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance policies and procedures.
- Meets measures as determined and required for job productivity and performance improvement.
- Maintains working knowledge of documentation systems and review improvements in clinician score card
- Achieve certification in Integrated Care Management within 1 year of hire. Certification includes completing the Integrated Care Management formal training session, completing assigned computer based-learning modules within 2 weeks of training, and competency evaluation. Use the Integrated Care Management philosophy, skills, tools and documentation in clinical practice. Demonstrate competency in selected ICM skills annually.
- Employee is responsible for completion of communication tasks and activities in a timely manner. This would include, but is not limited to: responding to email, voicemail or telephone messages, promptly, accurately, and professionally; attending staff meetings as scheduled or viewing videotapes of those meetings; asking questions of team members and supervisors when needing clarification about various day-to-day issues or patient needs; and reviewing employee communication pieces, to stay aware of UnityPoint at Home programs and initiatives.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Clinical Manager/Director to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the agency.
Professional staff (Nurses, Therapists and Social Workers)
Non-nursing disciplines (* as directed)