The Food Service Aide will work 50 % of the workday on the trayline.
- Required to work rotating stations through the department and other duties as assigned by the Process Coordinator
- Prepares and fills patient requests per position and station on trayline
- Prepares and serves all items with “eye” appeal
- Uses production tally sheets, to grant patient requests
- Able to read the different menus provided to patients
- Maintains proper use of gloves and wears them at all times when handling food products
- Responsible for maintaining proper use of using utensils and portion sizes (#8 scoops, #12 scoops and ladels, and serving spoons).
- Places the food or beverage selected on the patient's tray.
Completes job responsibilities in dishroom.
- Soaks coffee cups and ice tea cups on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Unloads patient food carts in a timely manner
- Places all garbage in the disposal from patient trays
- Assures that dishes are stacked and placed in dishwasher
- Cleans and dries plates, glasses and silverware – and retrieves them from the washer
- Returns all plates, glasses and other utensils to the serving area for use at subsequent meals
- Washes pots and pans used in preparation of food at a separate station from the dishwasher
- Cleans shelves and other areas with disinfectant solution
- Soaks the dishwasher twice a week with L.S.R. Solution
- Responsible for general cleaning of the kitchen using a cleaning list that is posted on hallway bulletin board
Demonstrates the ability to be a team player.
- Wears name badge and follows dress code
- Works cooperatively with peers, process coordinators, food service management and other hospital personnel
- Maintains a positive working relationship which centers on customer based needs and continuous quality improvement
- Assists process coordinators when needed
- Accepts responsibility for work area and duties
- Conducts self in a professional manner
- Delivers safe and sanitary food to patients, cafeteria and special catered events
- Maintains proper use of wearing gloves when handling food at all times
- Wears hair restraints at all times in the food service area
Fulfills MMCI and department required education. The incumbent must fulfill department and MMCI required educational training in the following areas:
- ADA – American Disability Act
- Confidentiality Video
- Hazardous Material Competency
- General Equipment safety
- Keeping You Informed meetings
- People to People