Student Tutors assist students in being successful with the general education and nursing, and other degree program requirements.
• Supervises and maintains the Center for Student Success (CSS) during evening hours.
• Assists students who utilize the CSS through one-on-one and group tutoring sessions.
• Conducts study sessions as needed to facilitate the understanding of core courses.
• Tracks student visits to all CSS staff and enters data in a timely manner.
• Performs basic level data entry.
• Maintains current knowledge of APA & MLA writing style requirements.
• Collaborates with the Director and the Nursing Coordinator to ensure student and faculty needs are being addressed accurately.
• Proctors ADA examinations according to instructor rules and guidelines.
• Maintains the security and cleanliness of the CSS and monitors student use of the facilities.
• Maintains strict confidentiality according to FERPA guidelines and Methodist guidelines.
• Assists with other projects as assigned.
Education: High school diploma and current Methodist student; completion of at least one semester of college coursework and enrolled in at least six credit hours during the semester of tutoring.
Experience: Experience in tutoring or teaching preferred. Experience in Anatomy and Physiology (I &II), APA guidelines, and basic Math skills. Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with faculty and students; ability to interact effectively and courteously with culturally diverse groups; and basic level computer skills, including experience with D2L and MS Word programs. Ability to maintain confidentiality according to FERPA guidelines and Methodist guidelines.