1. Preparation and cooking.
- Responsible for properly thawing meats and following safety guide principles
- Maintains clean and properly sanitized food contact surfaces
- Uses thermometers to determine proper food temperatures
- Stores food in the proper manner to avoid contamination
- Properly washes hands and uses good personal hygiene practices (i.e., fingernails should be trim and clean, hairnets are worn at all times)
- Uses proper food handling procedures: washes hands, wears gloves
- Uses general rule of storage principles First In First Out (FIFO)
- Prepares odd orders of food that are written down on tally sheets which are given to the cooks by the food techs
- Prepares specially prepared food according to the patient's individual health needs
- Maintaining food quality and production.
- Follows standardized recipes and menus
- Prepares and serves all items with “eye” appeal
- Responsible for properly cooked and/or reheated food
- Follows safety guidelines for properly cooled food
- Ability to assist in trimming meat properly. vegetable preparation, grinding meat, stirring sauces, preparing soups, and checking on meat while it is cooking, etc.
- Ability to use proper sanitation principles for cleaning equipment and supplies, meat slicer, cutting boards, utensils, and tables.
- Consistent with food texture, taste, color and appearance.
- Ability to prepare catering meals for doctor's staff, daily events and tray line service and cafeteria.
- Ability to determine proper amounts of food to be prepared to eliminate the possibility of waste.
- Ability to assist in various ways to make the preparation of meals as time convenient as possible.
- Maintains a positive working relationship.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other members of staff in kitchen
o Food Aides
o Process Coordinators, Management, Director
o All other outside department staff.
- Ability to focus on customer based needs and continuous quality improvement.
- Ability to conduct self in a professional manner.
- Consistent with wearing proper dress code and name badge.
- Consistent with wearing hair restraints, gloves when preparing foods Fulfills MMCI and department required education
- Fulfills MMCI and department required education
o ADA – American Disability Act
o Hazardous Material Competency
o General Equipment Safety
o Keeping You Informed meetings
o People to People
- Responsible for serving nutritious meals that enhance the patient's healing process
- Ensures that well-balanced meals are also available to visitors and employees in the cafeteria.