Accomplishes Essential Job tasks, as delegated by their supervisor, utilizing applicable policies and procedures in the performance of their duties
- Performs all duties necessary to provide requested equipment and supplies in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Performs all duties necessary to ensure proper processing of all equipment and supplies within SPD.
- Performs all duties necessary to ensure proper handling of supplies, materials and equipment throughout the Medical Center.
- Performs all duties necessary to ensure that equipment held in CS is properly handled and cleaned for various units.
- Returns equipment from the units for cleaning, inspecting for visual damage, red tagging known faulty equipment and delivers equipment to clinical engineering for repair and or inspection.
Uses time, supplies & other resources to ensure the efficient distribution of materials throughout the Medical Center.
- When making deliveries to a unit may need to pick up and return equipment & supplies.
- Provides for informing CS staff that returned equipment must be entered on the computer for correct patient charging as applicable.
- Provides for returned items and equipment to be returned to inventory in the proper location.
- Provides for returning soiled equipment for reprocessing.
- Provides for equipment pick-up and delivery so that all equipment for one area is picked up and/or delivered at that time to prevent "backtracking."
- Provides for use of volunteers to assist when appropriate.
- Provides for checking the item/equipment number to ensure that the correct item/equipment is sent.
- Provides for checking with user if request does not seem correct.
- Provides for bringing to the attention of management that equipment inventory is low or out.
- Provides for returned equipment tags to management for final processing.
Possesses working knowledge of the decontamination process that is designated to SPD
- Performs equipment cleaning ensuring that all equipment is clean before distribution.
- Performs clean-up of decontamination area at the end of the shift
- Performs taking equipment to clinical engineering for inspection.
- Documents the cleaning of equipment in such a way that it can be audited.
- Performs equipment inquiry both specific and all.
- Performs stat delivery and pick-up of equipment correctly and expeditiously.
- Generates information on equipment shortages
- Performs steps to notify inventory clerk of needed supplies to ensure that processes are not delayed.
- Performs steps to notify manager of problems in decontamination.
- Performs all duties necessary to ensure that correct cleaning procedures and guidelines are followed.
- Cleans soiled equipment to ensure that equipment is in satisfactory condition to be placed into service.
- Monitors electrical cords, so that damaged ones are red tagged and reported.
- Cleans poles and inspects. Broken poles are red tagged and taken out of service for repairs.
Performs SPD job functions within the general policies and procedures of the Department and Medical Center.
- Training for job tasks must be successfully completed.
- Provides for answering telephones in a manner and attitude that reflects a professional image.
- Provides for responding immediately to stat requests and situations.
- Provides for willingly communicating all information that other SPD Staff must know to assist them in the performance of their duties.