UnityPoint Health - Methodist | Proctor | The Point of Unity is You.
UnityPoint Health is one of the nation's most integrated health systems. We have a vision for healthcare, and it starts with you: "Best outcome for every patient, every time."
Through relationships with more than 280 physician clinics, 29 hospitals in metropolitan and rural communities, and home care services throughout its 8 regions, UnityPoint Health provides care throughout Illinois and Iowa.
We surround you with care that is coordinated between your doctor's office, hospital and in your home.
With almost 600 board-certified physicians backed by a dedicated team of healthcare professionals who combine high-tech medicine with genuine warmth and caring, UnityPoint Health - Methodist provides coordinated clinic, hospital and home-based care for patients in Central Illinois.
Registered Nurse First Call
UnityPoint Health-Methodist Campus
Shift: Full-time/32 hrs per week 10:00A-6:30P with every other weekend required
This position provides single point of access to health information, physician referral, and disease management. It also assumes other customer relationship management duties as patient follow up calls, and contact for targeted marketing initiatives.
Competent in nurse triage and doc finder processes
1. Answers calls professionally with approved department greeting
2. Interviews the patient or family member utilizing language that is easy to understand (layman's terminology)
3. Asks questions according to the correct format specified in the software for initial assessment
4. Answers questions from the general public regarding services of the organization utilizing information available in resources in the department
5. Utilizes approved guidelines and protocols to provide advice to callers regarding health advice, directing them to the level of care necessary for the situation
6. Contacts physician on call for unusual or complex medical problems to discuss situation and receive guidance, if physician is a participant in First Call program
7. Contacts physician on call if caller verbalizes desire to speak with doctor regarding medical advice
8. Refers patients to appropriate level of care or physician
9. Utilizes hospital approved abbreviations
10. Uses First Call tools (policies, procedures, guidelines) effectively
11. Uses remote access process effectively and efficiently (if applicable)
Demonstrates appropriate technical skills needed to utilize software and hardware used
1. Uses RelayCare and or Access databases optimally
2. Expert knowledge in the use of HAC, Portal, Physician database, Spark, and Infinity and other list of applications used by First Call
3. Quickly and accurately enters data into department developed databases.
4. Accurately edits data within the department developed databases and generates reports as needed.
5. Utilizes HAC and other available on line resources to access patient records and check for medical history, allergies and prescription information.
6. Utilizes appropriate Internet or other online resources to provide callers with requested health information.
7. Documents all inquiries to the call center as outlined on the automated software program at the time of the call
8. Documentation includes assessment data, medications, allergies, and pertinent medical history in the age appropriate format specified by the software
9. Documents contact with other health care professionals such as pharmacists, physicians, advanced practice nurses, nurses, etc. on triage encounter document
10. Documents the complete assessments consistent with department's policy, leaving no blank spaces
Other duties as assigned.
1. Effective Conflict Resolution
4. Can be counted on to cover for schedules as needed
5. Participation in Team Problem Solving
6. Knowledge and use of Department Materials
Performs other First Call functions and expectations
1. Increase MMG referral yearly by 10%
2. Consistent average talk time below 12 minutes
3. Meets expectations during monthly evaluation of calls and chat room responses
4. Minimal personal complaints from customers and co-workers. All complaints resolved promptly and effectively
5. Answers chat room questions accurately
6. Do follow-up calls to patients as needed
7. Refers any issues during follow up calls to appropriate individuals for actions
8. Perform various services for other departments within the organization i.e. outbound call surveys, scheduling for classes secondary referrals
9. Provides support and follow-up to targeted marketing initiatives
1. Bachelor's Degree in the field of Nursing Preferred
2. Individuals hired after August 1, 2013 must obtain a BSN by 2020
1. Registered Nurse in the state of IL
1. 3-5 years of experience in/with must have a minimum of 3 years of clinical experience in acute care, physician office setting, or home health. Emergency Department or other ambulatory setting experience involving substantial public contact required.