The Counselor is an important part of high quality behavioral health services provided to both inpatients and outpatients of UnityPoint Health. Services will be provided at St. Luke’s Hospital and in the Chemical Dependency office. Foremost among the responsibilities listed below is the delivery of competent and professional services that are in accordance with the overall institutional goals and objectives, regulatory standards and requirements and their own professional ethical standards. St. Luke’s C.A.R.E. delivery model (Continuity, Accountability, Relationship-based, Evidence-based) reflects a commitment to compassionate, competent care delivered by the interdisciplinary team. Care is provided through a therapeutic relationship with the patient and family. A spirit of inquiry is encouraged and supported. Small tests of change and more formal research efforts are used when the evidence is not clear. Evidence-driven protocols are utilized to assure reliable and consistent care. The patients to be served include adolescent, adult and geriatric.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Provides evaluation, counseling and therapeutic services to chemically dependent patients/families assessing patient’s social, psychological, emotional, financial, cultural problems and chemical abuse history.
· Makes recommendations for treatment and acts as a liaison and patient/family advocate with the treatment network.
· Maintains open communication with referral sources, families, or others involved in the patient’s treatment regarding the patient’s progress, discharge plans and aftercare plans.
· Supports the patient and family throughout treatment by maintaining open communication with referral resources, patient and family. Assists the patient and family in working towards positive outcomes.
· Coordinates the patient’s care with the interdisciplinary treatment team.
· Develops individual treatment plans based upon information gathered.
· Facilitates programming for court ordered referrals.
· Assists patient and family with adjustment to illness, motivation for treatment and realistic planning for post treatment care. Coordinates the completion of the Aftercare Plan with patient and recommends post-treatment referrals for patients.
· Documents per department guidelines.
· Maintains current knowledge of behavioral managed care and the precertification and utilization review activities necessary to obtain treatment approval.
· Participates in covering weekend inpatient evaluations on a rotating basis.
· Provides statistical data or special reports as required by St. Luke’s Chemical Dependency Services.
Development & Patient Education
· Continues professional development and involvement in professional activities that enhance clinical practice by sharing knowledge through networking and research.
· Participates in community education as assigned.
· Serves on professional organization committees or boards as appropriate.
· Assess and chooses teaching strategies and therapy modalities appropriate to the patient’s and their families’ age specific needs, culture, gender, readiness to learn and level of comprehension.
· Consults appropriate resources within Behavioral Health Division to provide specialized education.
· Demonstrates knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
· Provides educational in-services as assigned.
· Participates in conjoint conferences with patients, concerned persons and referral sources as appropriate.
· Develops, promotes and maintains a good relationship with self-help programs such as AA, NA and Al-Anon.
· Participates in mandatory education and department staff meetings, per established guidelines.
· Other duties as assigned.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.