Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) - Registered Nurse
UnityPlace - Rochelle
Full Time, Benefitted
6:00am-2:30pm varies on days M-F, occasional Saturday rotation.
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, contributes professional nursing knowledge and skills in the provision and management of care to patients through the application of the nursing process.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
CLINICAL EXCELLENCE FOCUS: Promotes the use of evidence-based practice through the nursing process, protocols and procedures.
· score: N/A
· Assesses patient's status through interview, observation and physical assessment of actual problems and outcomes.
· Develops an individualized plan of care using a collaborative approach with the patient/family and health care team.
· Uses appropriate interventions identified in the plan of care to achieve expected patient outcomes.
· Systematically evaluates and documents patient's progress toward expected outcomes/goals on an ongoing basis throughout the shift.
· Modifies plan of care based on evaluation.
· Completes required documentation as appropriate, including patient chart and event reports.
· Demonstrates professional accountability for own practice as evidenced through seeking resources and continuing self-development.
· Demonstrates technical knowledge of equipment and troubleshoots when problems arise.
· Acquires and maintains current knowledge and skills in evidence-based nursing practice.
· Promotes the professional development of self and team members.
· Shares clinical knowledge through informal teaching and in response to the learning needs of others.
· Demonstrates a practical problem-solving approach to patient moving and handling issues (as applicable).
· Demonstrates skills to promote patient and staff safety through appropriate use of lift equipment (as applicable).
· Possesses knowledge and skills necessary to obtain adequate lab specimens for testing.
· Performs patient bedside lab testing and associated quality control in compliance with medical provider’s orders and hospital lab procedures/policies.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & CULTURE FOCUS: Coordinates the interdisciplinary care of the patient through collaboration with team members and utilizes additional resources when necessary.
· score: N/A
· Recognizes need for assistance and utilizes resources, including physician and nurse to nurse (RRT), 911 consultation in a timely manner.
· Demonstrates ownership and persistence to ensure problem is resolved in best way possible.
· Able to assume assignment of non-complex and some complex patient management with some turnover in assignment.
· Consistently prioritizes work based on changes in patient condition, changes in assignment and unanticipated interruptions.
· Identifies and utilizes team resources to solve identified problems or needs.
· Collaborates with the health care team in the organization of tasks and activities for the patient's care from admission to discharge according to the plan of care and to meet identified expected outcomes.
· Works with other team members in delegating tasks and activities appropriately.
· Provides goal-focused shift report.
· Advocates with physicians on patient's behalf when necessary.
· Utilizes communication and teamwork strategies aimed at promoting high team performance and achieving optimal patient outcomes and unit productivity.
· Chooses an appropriate and meaningful communication style when interacting with others, gives and accepts constructive feedback to/from peers.
PATIENT EDUCATION FOCUS: Assesses and chooses teaching strategies appropriate to the patient's/family's age specific needs.
o score: N/A
· Adapts teaching strategies based on patient's response, readiness to learn and level of comprehension.
· Takes cultural, age-specific, gender, and developmental factors into consideration when teaching patients about procedures, illness, hospital experience, etc.
· Ensures patient safety in the hospital environment by following policy/procedures and adhering to National Patient Safety Goals.
· Consults appropriate resources within the hospital to provide specialized education.
PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT FOCUS: Actively participates in data collection, analysis, problem solving and gives input on process improvements and patient satisfaction.
o score: N/A
· Assures that the care provided is consistent with standards of care, evidence-based practices, national patient safety goals, core measures and other quality initiatives undertaken by the unit/hospital.
· Works with interdisciplinary team in identifying opportunities for improvement in patient care and patient/family satisfaction.
· Actively promotes and achieves customer satisfaction (patient, family, departments, physicians).
· Participates in the implementation of Performance Improvement initiatives.
· Promptly and efficiently follows up on patient/family requests/needs - anticipates patient/family needs.
· Encourages coworkers in achieving excellent customer satisfaction; utilizes organizational service excellence standards.
· Serves on unit-based councils.
· Identifies practice problems on the unit.
· Implements changes in own clinical practice based on literature and unit process improvement outcomes.
· Works on assigned projects, data collection, audits as assigned
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred
1-2 years’ experience working as a RN
1-3 years’ experience working in addiction, behavioral health, or related field.
Registered Nurse in the state of IL
CPR required within 60 days of start date
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Advanced reading, writing skills and basic oral skills
Ability to respond appropriately to customer/co-worker.
Interaction with a wide variety of people.
Maintain confidential information.
Ability to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal information.
Ability to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanor.
Basic computer knowledge: Uses word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail application, and web browser. Comfortable within a Windows OS and learning new applications.
Must have control over personal use of all mood-altering chemicals and behaviors.
If recovering from an addiction, must currently have a minimum of 2 years of uninterrupted recovery and must actively treat this addiction by appropriate recovery practices including, but not limited to, regular attendance & participation in Twelve Step Fellowship or other recognized recovery processes such as active participation in church, appropriate support network, etc.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.