Recovery Support Technician
UnityPlace-Residential Re-entry Center
Full-Time, 40 hours/week, Not Benefitted
Thursday 2:30pm-11pm, Friday and Saturday 2:30pm-7am
Under the supervision of the Assistant Manager, RRC, ensures the security of the Federal Bureau of Prison (FBOP) Residential Reentry Center (RRC). Oversees the residents’ movement in and out of the facility and ensures the accountability of home confinement residents.
About UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace:
UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace is proud to offer the most comprehensive addiction and mental health services in the Peoria, Illinois region to you and your family. UnityPlace was formed by the joining of UnityPoint Health®, Human Service Center and Tazwood Center for Wellness in April of 2019. UnityPlace is a new non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the growing behavioral health care needs of the community. Our compassionate and committed treatment team is comprised of many experts from psychiatry and addiction medicine.
Our goal is to deliver comprehensive behavioral healthcare to optimize the patient's well-being. It is our privilege to partner with our patients on their journey of healing.
As a member of the UnityPlace Team, our team members are eligible for a benefits package including:
Additional benefits are available, apply today to discuss our full benefits package!
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Main Function – Ensure security of the facility and the residents
· Oversees the proper sign-in and sign-out procedure for all residents approved for movement.
· Contacts residents on authorized movement or home confinement to confirm whereabouts.
· Walks through facility to check on residents and complete a count of residents.
· Conducts random search of residents’ rooms to check for contraband and cleanliness.
· Conducts random search of residents’ vehicles to check for contraband.
· Monitors the security cameras to ensure only authorized persons are present.
· Checks in all visitors with compliance of the resident visitation policy.
· Completes pat-down searches on residents.
· Monitors and logs residents’ behavior during each shift.
Main Function – Complies with Federal Bureau of Prisons Standard of Work
· Conducts random urinalyses with residents to screen for drug or alcohol use.
· Oversees residents’ use of medication that is required to be locked up for safety.
· Provides new residents with a facility orientation, tour, and fills out accommodating documentation properly.
· Follows all universal precautions and infection control protocols.
· Abides by all confidentiality requirements.
Main Function – Ensure the general upkeep of the RRC facility and communication with staff
· Recognizes and reports all potential safety and maintenance issues to the appropriate parties.
· Performs walk-through of the entire facility and outside of the facility to note any problem areas.
· Supervises clients’ performance of housekeeping responsibilities.
· Maintains food articles and kitchen area in compliance with public health protocol.
· Provides transportation in agency vehicle to residents for work, school, medical, and other appointments.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of UnityPlace administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Background in criminal justice, social work, or human services.
High School Diploma or GED.
1-2 years of experience.
Experience in behavioral health or criminal justice field preferred.
Valid driver’s license in the state of Illinois
MVR ran annually
Good verbal and written communication skills
Basic computer skills
Good customer service skills
Good problem-solving skills
Ability to tactfully confront issues of stigma of incarceration
Ability to deescalate volatile situations
Ability to work compassionately and empathetically with criminal population
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.