UP-Crisis Center-Medical Detox Unit
Full-Time 40 hours/week, Benefitted
3rd Shift, 11pm-7am
Program Tech works the treatment team to ensure complete coordination of the client’s treatment from admission through discharge. Monitors the day to day client activities in a residential setting. Position exists to provide clinical support to team and external/internal customers and to help ensure the security of consumers and physical plant.
About UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace:
UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace is proud to offer the most comprehensive addiction and mental health services in the Peoria, Illinois region to you and your family. UnityPlace was formed by the joining of UnityPoint Health®, Human Service Center and Tazwood Center for Wellness in April of 2019. UnityPlace is a new non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the growing behavioral health care needs of the community. Our compassionate and committed treatment team is comprised of many experts from psychiatry and addiction medicine.
Our goal is to deliver comprehensive behavioral healthcare to optimize the patient's well-being. It is our privilege to partner with our patients on their journey of healing.
As a member of the UnityPlace Team, our team members are eligible for a benefits package including:
Additional benefits are available, apply today to discuss our full benefits package!
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
PROVIDES CLINICALLY SUPPORTIVE SERVICES AS REQUIRED BY PROGRAM
· Understand the symptoms and behaviors associated with substance use and mental illness.
· Ability to recognize of the warning signs for suicide.
· Knowledge of opiate overdose signs and symptoms.
· Demonstrates Active Listening, motivational techniques, and crisis management.
· The ability to effectively listen and establish rapport with consumers and families, and compassionately understand/respect differences.
· Ability to maintain appropriate treatment boundaries with consumers and their families.
· Ability to deal with issues requiring flexibility and judgment to resolve customer or program situations; and to prioritize job assignments.
· Performance Standards Orient consumers and families to program:
o Follows orientation protocol
o Completes admission checklist/paperwork
o Responds to consumer’s requests/needs promptly.
o Observes consumers self-administration of scheduled and PRN medications using 2 identifiers, documents per program protocol.
o Follows program protocol for counting PRN meds with co-worker at every shift change.
o Ability to collect BAL and urine screens as needed.
ENSURES CLIENTS RECEIVE COMPREHENSIVE SERVICES.
· Works with the treatment team to provide complete services to clients.
· Accurately documents activities according to the policies and procedures.
· Is knowledgeable of and capable of providing emergency assistance in regard to inappropriate acting out behavior by any client. Always attempts to utilize verbal redirection, interaction of other staff, utilization of quiet room, etc. before instituting emergency measures.
· Is knowledgeable and capable of working with clients who present a dual diagnosis.
· Is knowledgeable of and appropriately institutes the daily program format on the adult. Guides activities on the daily schedule to provide optimum treatment while instilling a sense of positive empowerment to clients.
· Provides that all client contact and interaction is based upon inherent dignity, individuality, culture and beliefs of each client. Client care is provided in a compassionate, humane, and non-enabling manner.
· Ability to maintain a safe living environment for clients.
· Understanding of program requirements for your unit
PROVIDES TRANSPORTATION SERVICES TO CLIENTS FOR OFF CAMPUS ACTIVITIES.
MAINTAINS EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION AND TEAMWORK STYLE WITH CO-WORKERS AND OTHER DEPARTMENTS
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Preferred CADC certification within 2 years.
Experience in working with clients who suffer from addiction.
Experience with addiction, behavioral health, or related field
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
CPR certification upon hire or will receive such within the first 90 days probationary period.
Required English Skills
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Must have control over personal use of all mood-altering chemicals and behaviors.
If recovering from an addiction, must currently have a minimum of 2 years of uninterrupted recovery.