Mobile Youth Counselor-UnityPlace
Full-Time 40 hours/week, Benefited
***$10,000 sign on bonus***
Provide mobile behavioral health assessment, intervention, and consultation to youth and/or groups identified as having behavioral health needs. Will provide crisis evaluation and intervention.
About UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace:
UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace is proud to offer the most comprehensive addiction and mental health services in the Peoria, Illinois region to you and your family. UnityPlace was formed by the joining of UnityPoint Health®, Human Service Center and Tazwood Center for Wellness in April of 2019. UnityPlace is a new non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the growing behavioral health care needs of the community. Our compassionate and committed treatment team is comprised of many experts from psychiatry and addiction medicine.
Our goal is to deliver comprehensive behavioral healthcare to optimize the patient's well-being. It is our privilege to partner with our patients on their journey of healing.
As a member of the UnityPlace Team, our team members are eligible for a benefits package including:
Additional benefits are available, apply today to discuss our full benefits package!
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Clinical & Practice Expertise
· Provides mobile service, responding to service requests in community settings such as schools, community organizations, client homes, etc.
· Performs diagnostic assessments, collects diagnostic information, and determines immediate treatment plan needs. Requests consultation, where indicated, in a diligent and timely manner.
· Recognizes and conveys essential information to assist in creating client treatment plan
· Provides behavioral health therapy to youth, families and/or groups identified as having behavioral health needs.
· Provides group psychoeducation regarding behavioral health topics
· Has contact with family and other collateral sources (with consumers’ consent) to gather relevant information about case, and to offer services/education/support as needed
· Provides crisis intervention and case management services
· Demonstrates familiarity with Evidenced Based resources used by the program, and can discuss in supervision which ones are appropriate to a case
· Thorough knowledge of community resources for social support and how to access each
· Coordinates with Emergency Response Service and other crisis service teams for youth who may be a danger to self or others.
· Develops and maintains working relationship with stakeholders, including school administration
· Maintains records in accordance with UnityPlace policies and grant requirements, as well as state and federal oversight agencies and accreditation agencies including Joint Commission, Medicaid, Medicaid Rehabilitation Option, Illinois Department of Public Health, and Commercial Insurances.
· Meets productivity standards and grant requirements for direct service
· Collects data and prepares reports as required by grants/contracts
· Meets compliance standards for all documentation and clinical charts
· Participate in work groups, task force, or committees.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Master’s degree in counseling and guidance, rehabilitation counseling, social work, psychology, pastoral counseling, family therapy, or a related field
· Successfully completed 1,000 hours of practicum and/or internship under clinical and educational supervision; or One year of documented clinical experience under the supervision of a QMHP
Experience in mental health or psychiatric services
· Valid driver’s license required
· Application of critical thinking
· Able to separate therapy and counseling from completing an assessment to create a safe disposition related to current presentation reasons/needs
· Problem solver
· Reads writes and comprehends and speaks fluent English
· Works independently
· Collaborates with a variety of personnel and personalities
· Completes accurate assessment and diagnoses
· Great interpersonal skills
· Positive and professional attitude
· Good written and oral communication.
· Able to plan and organize their work.
· Able to work in multiple computer applications-efficient typing skills
· Recognizes signs of suicidal behavior
· Able to assess for lethality
· Flexibility to change course of assignment
· Motivated and energetic (work assignments & team support) to support team when needed with a variety of tasks and assessments in multiple locations
· Utilizes Trauma Informed Care
Required to drive own vehicle for work purposes
May transport clients in vehicle