The Staff Chaplain, acting as an integral part of the health care team, provides professional spiritual care to the patients, families of patients and the associates of St. Luke’s Hospital. This includes but is not limited to routine patient visitation, response to emergency situations, spiritual counseling and support, crisis intervention, and charting patient encounters in the medical record. The Staff Chaplain will also participate in providing educational opportunities to the hospital and larger community. She/he will perform the administration of the sacraments and officiate at regular worship services and observances. The Staff Chaplain will also facilitate the connection between the patients and their communities of faith as requested by the patient. The Staff Chaplain will communicate regularly with the representatives of the other disciplines of the health care team, participate in rounds and case conferences, and serve on hospital committees as requested and schedule allows.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· May be asked to officiate at funerals and/or weddings in accordance with hospital policy.
Technical/Clinical Skill (Competence)
· Has acquired technical/clinical knowledge and uses it effectively to improve job quality and individual and organizational performance.
· Organizational Skill and Work Efficiency:
- Uses technical/clinical knowledge of the position and the work unit to help maximize personal and departmental effectiveness.
· Flexibility/Adaptability to Change:
- Maximizes performance and opportunity in a constantly changing work environment.
· Customer Service:
- Provides the highest level of care and/or service to customers, including patients, families, physicians, other associates and all for whom we provide service. Collaborates with physicians, as appropriate, to ensure positive patient care outcomes. Customer interaction takes into account the age and relevant physical and psychosocial needs of the customer.
- Works with others to achieve organizational goals.
· Effective Use of Resources:
- Uses time, supplies, equipment and other resources to contribute to the economic success of the hospital.
- Is personally committed to ethical behavior and compliance with laws and regulations.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Successful completion of four units of Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE or equivalent)
· Board Certification by the Association of Professional Chaplains, Spiritual Care Association, National Association of Catholic Chaplains, Canadian Association for Pastoral Practice and Education, etc.
- If not presently certified, completion of certification within two years of employment is a requirement for continued employment.
- Until Board Certification is achieved, the chaplain will work under the general supervision of a Board-Certified Staff Chaplain.
· Ordination and/or endorsement by a recognized denomination.
· Master’s Degree from an accredited seminary, theological school, or equivalent
Previous experience as a chaplain in a health care or other clinical setting is highly desirable. Related work experience will be considered.
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· A good working understanding of both theology and behavioral science.
· Ability to draw on own faith/spirituality in a manner that supports others in theirs.
· Proven counseling skills.
· Crisis intervention skills.
· Skills in preaching and leading worship.
· An awareness of cultural diversity and associated spiritual practices.
· Ability to work with persons from a wide variety of spiritual backgrounds and support them in their own perspective.
· Word-processing skills/basic understanding of computers.
· Complete understanding of the need for absolute confidentiality.
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
· Ability to be a non-anxious presence in the face of sometimes very stressful circumstances.
· Ability to adapt quickly to changing emotional circumstances.