Sign On Incentive of $5000 for qualifying candidates!
Responsible for the decontamination, disinfection, inspection, assembly, and sterilization of supplies, instruments and equipment dispensed by the department following established infection control practices. Must be conscientious with regard to procedures, capable of working under pressure and interacting professionally with other departments within the hospital. Able to accept new ideas and learn position duties. Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work.
% of Time
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Demonstrates understanding of decontamination, disinfection, inspection, assembly and sterilization procedures.
· Demonstrates knowledge of infection control principles, Spaulding’s classifications, aseptic techniques and medical/surgical procedure and terminology.
· Demonstrates knowledge of instrumentation names, and care and handling procedures.
· Demonstrates knowledge of Sterilizers, Washer Disinfectors, and AERs.
· Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
· Demonstrates efficient time management skills.
· Must have the ability to access hospital web site for Kronos, Lawson, and Net Learning and professionally communicate using e-mail via Microsoft Outlook.
· Must have the ability to utilize the internet/intranet to access sites specific to SPD.
· Good telephone etiquette.
· Demonstrates ability to use copiers and scanners.
· Demonstrates ability to access and utilize RL Events site
· Demonstrates understanding of chemicals use within the department and can access MSDS via intranet.
· Demonstrates ability to perform qualification series testing on autoclaves in the OR and SPD independently.
· Demonstrates time management skills.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect.
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High school diploma or GED
Prefer minimum (1) year clinical experience.
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English
Basic computer knowledge using Microsoft Office, web browser, and email
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.