Sign On Incentive of $10,000 for qualifying candidates!
As a leader in community health care, UnityPoint Health - Jones Regional Medical Center (JRMC) is the only hospital in the Jones County area and cares for more than 5,500 people each month. Our state-of-the-art facility specializes in 24-hour emergency care, lab and radiology, inpatient hospital visits and nursing care; outpatient surgeries and clinics; counseling; and rehabilitation. Jones Regional Medical Center's mission is to improve the health of the people and the communities we serve.
To learn more about Jones Regional Medical Center click this Link!
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, contributes professional nursing knowledge and skills in the provision and management of care to patients and their families. Maintains a practice environment that reflects the ANA Code for Nurses, Philosophy of Nursing at UnityPoint Health with in the structure of the Professional Nurse Practice Model and in collaboration with other care givers.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Assesses the needs of patients and families, providing appropriate teaching and making the necessary referrals to provide safe and continuity in care.
· Develops and implements an individual plan of care using a collaborative approach with the patient/family and health care team.
· Promptly completes documentation to assure an accurate legal record of patient’s care.
· Delivers high quality care utilizing the nursing process while demonstrating knowledge and clinical skills of the specialty required on assigned unit in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care.
· Utilizes holistic approach (considering biopsychosocial, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients and families served in the assigned service area.
· Delegates and provides direction for other healthcare providers and hold them accountable for their involvement in the plan of care.
· Utilizes critical thinking in making independent judgments, and maintains responsibility and accountability for the knowledge of conditions of assigned patients.
· Administers medications and nursing treatments within scope of practice.
Development & Patient Education
· Continues professional development and involvement in professional activities that enhance nursing practice by sharing knowledge through networking and research.
· Assess and chooses teaching strategies appropriate to the patient’s and their families’ age specific needs, culture, gender, readiness to learn and level of comprehension.
· Consults appropriate resources within the hospital to provide specialized education.
· Demonstrates knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
· Integrates patient/family teaching throughout the hospitalization, including the plan and goals of care, pre/post procedures, diagnostic procedures and discharge teaching.
· Utilized evidenced based modes of learning.
· Assists in the orientation of new associates by acting as a resource and mentor to associates. Collaborates with unit leadership, as appropriate. Serves in preceptor role as appropriate.
· Participates in the education experience of students and/or RN interns.
· Participates in department and hospital performance improvement and strategic activities.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, DIA, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse). Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Graduate of accredited nursing program
Prefer one (1) year of hospital clinical experience or demonstrated clinical efficiency.
· Current licensure in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in Iowa.
· Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or obtain certification within three (3) months from date of hire.
· Must possess and maintain current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification or obtain certification within six (6) months from date of hire.
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
· Multicultural sensitivity.
· Microsoft Office – basic computer skills.
· Customer/patient focused (EHR).
· Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
· Demonstrate proficiency in the manual skills and techniques required to perform basic/advanced nursing procedures, including medication administration and operation of specialized equipment.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities. May drive a UPH vehicle, rental or own vehicle.
Information about Jones Regional Medical Center - Anamosa, IA
Jones Regional Medical Center has been named 5th fastest growing hospital in the US by Modern Healthcare
· All private rooms
· Three major trauma rooms with an additional four exam rooms
· State-of-the-art equipment and lighting
· Easy navigation for patients to be evaluated and treated in the ED
· Radiology/laboratory services located next to ED for easy testing access
· 5500+ volume Monthly
· 24/7 RT, Lab, ER and Radiology
· Daytime offerings - Therapy, Wound, Social Services, Counseling, Rehabilitation
· Great place to have a rural quality of life but have access to larger cities (30-minutes to Cedar Rapids and 45-minutes to Iowa City)
Choose Jones County
Jones County, located in the heart of Eastern Iowa along Highway 151, is central to major U.S. markets. Within five hours of Chicago, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Madison, and Omaha with easy access to the crossroads of America, Interstates 80 and 35.
Living in Jones County
· Easy highway access to major shopping/entertainment in Cedar Rapids
· Just 45 minutes from Iowa City
· Growing trail system for walking and biking
· Museums including the National Motorcycle Museum and the Anamosa State Penitentiary Museum
· State and local parks for camping and recreation
· Two new aqua parks
· Numerous golf courses
· Home of the Jones County Fair the 3rd largest county fair in the state of Iowa.