Recovery Support Specialist-UnityPlace
Crisis Center-Living Room
Full-Time 40 hours / week, Benefitted
3rd shift with possible weekends
Under the direct supervision of the Supervisor and provides care to consumers utilizing the Drop In Center. Serves as a support to other teams of UnityPlace and the community by providing recovery-oriented community-based services to adults with behavioral health diagnoses.
About UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace:
UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace is proud to offer the most comprehensive addiction and mental health services in the Peoria, Illinois region to you and your family. UnityPlace was formed by the joining of UnityPoint Health®, Human Service Center and Tazwood Center for Wellness in April of 2019. UnityPlace is a new non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the growing behavioral health care needs of the community. Our compassionate and committed treatment team is comprised of many experts from psychiatry and addiction medicine.
Our goal is to deliver comprehensive behavioral healthcare to optimize the patient's well-being. It is our privilege to partner with our patients on their journey of healing.
As a member of the UnityPlace Team, our team members are eligible for a benefits package including:
Additional benefits are available, apply today to discuss our full benefits package!
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
· Assures that all consumers receive strength-based ongoing consumer services for behavioral health needs based on the consumer’s goals.
· Encourages/assist individuals served to develop their own recovery plan based on evidence-based practices.
· Follows the CRSS code of ethics when providing support services to individuals served.
· Provides mentoring, individual and group support, and teaches self-advocacy and motivation through feedback.
· Provides supportive services through facilitating groups, activities, classes that educate on daily living skills, coping skills, mental health awareness, socialization/leisure skills, community resources, communication skills and other necessary components of wellness.
· Shares their recovery story in order to demonstrate how skills, strengths, supports and resources direct their own recovery process.
· Responds to crises situations by providing direction, recommendations, and crisis intervention. Coordinates with ERS when further assessment and services are needed.
· Provides linkage to mental health services and programs, including but not limited to, psychiatric services, medication management, and representative payee.
· Provides linkage and education to support individuals who desire to volunteer or work and to those who need support in applying for benefits.
· Identifies available support systems to meet the needs of each individual that is served.
· Delivers high quality care appropriate to the age and educational level of the client.
· Utilizes peer mentoring and support, Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) facilitation, access to National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) and their signature programs (Peer Connections, In Our Own Voice, Family to Family) to motivate individuals towards wellness and recovery goals.
· Maintains accurate, concise, current documentation. This includes but is not limited to all phone conversations, requests from the client, changes in the clinical conditions and all consultations with team members.
· Integrates ethical principles, evidence-based practice, and research findings into all areas of practice.
· Establishes and maintains good working relationships with the medical, educational, and the social services community.
· Participates in in-service and competency training.
· Meets compliance standards for all documentation.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High School Diploma or GED.
Must have a lived experience with mental illness.
Recovery Support Specialist (CRSS) certification by IAODAPCA within 1 year from hire date (or 2000 hours worked)
A Certified Recovery Support Specialist (CRSS) and in good standing with the Illinois Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Professional Certification Association (or the ability to become certified as such) plus one year experience providing mental health services
Must be able to read, write, and communicate effectively.
Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking and problem-solving abilities to a wide range of client situations.
Able to accurately collect and assess information, understand ethical standards of behavioral healthcare, and utilize teaching/learning theories.
Demonstrated excellent communication skills (orally and in writing) and presents self in a professional manner.
Able to establish effective consultative relationship with health care providers, outside agencies, co-workers, and the community.
Able to work sensitively with consumers.
Able to handle multiple priorities, maintain composure under stress, and adapt to a fast-paced changing environment.
Proficiency in the use of computer programs including Microsoft Office.