Sign On Incentive of $7,500 for qualifying candidates!
As a member of the interdisciplinary Cath Lab team, contributes professional Registered Radiologic Technologists (RT) knowledge and skills in the provision and management of care to patients undergoing invasive cardiac procedures. The RT will function in collaboration with the RN staff and under the direction of physicians. The RT is able to perform the role of secondary circulator, scrub tech, and monitor.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
% of Time
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Assesses the needs of patients and families undergoing invasive cardiac procedures, providing appropriate teaching and making the necessary referrals to provide continuity of care.
· Assists the physician with the development of an individual plan of care using a collaborative approach with the patient/family and health care team.
· Promptly completes documentation to assure an accurate legal record of patient’s care.
· Delivers high quality care while demonstrating knowledge and clinical skills of the specialty required in the Cath Lab in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care under the direct supervision of the physician.
· Utilizes holistic approach (considering biopsychosocial, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients and families served in the assigned service area.
· Utilizes critical thinking in making judgments, and maintains responsibility and accountability for the knowledge of conditions of the patient.
· Demonstrates and maintains proficiency in the manual skills and techniques required in the administration of emergency medications used in the Cath Lab including under the direct supervision of the physician.
· Demonstrates and maintains proficiency in the manual skills and techniques required to operate specialized equipment in the Cath Lab including, but not limited to the following:
o Point of care testing: activated clotting times (ACT), oxygen analysis
o Perfusion equipment: intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP), Impella heart pump
o Coronary interventional equipment: rotational and pulse wave atherectomy
o Advanced hemodynamic monitoring systems
· Demonstrates and maintains proficiency in the manual skills and techniques required to prepare and maintain sterile fields and to maintain a clean procedure environment.
· Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of radiation safety and practice including, but not limited to the following:
o Use of advanced imaging systems used in the Cath Lab setting
o Use of radiation protection devices and exposure levels for both the associate and patient.
Development & Patient Education
· Continues professional development and involvement in professional activities that enhance RT practice by sharing knowledge through networking and research.
· Assess and chooses teaching strategies appropriate to the patient’s and their families’ age specific needs, culture, gender, readiness to learn and level of comprehension.
· Consults appropriate resources within the hospital to provide specialized education.
· Demonstrates knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
· Must meet requirements for standby call which includes a 20 minute response time from primary residence to hospital
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, JCAHO, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Graduate of an accredited radiologic science program that is recognized by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
Prefer one (1) year of hospital clinical experience or demonstrated clinical efficiency.
Current registration and in good standing with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists as a Radiographer
Current permit to practice as a Radiologic Technologist in the state of Iowa
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or obtain certification within 3 months from hire date.
Must possess and maintain hospital CORE (Chain of Response in an Emergency) certification with 6 months from hire date.
Current registration and in good standing with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists as a Cardiac-Interventional Radiographer
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
Microsoft Office – basic computer skills.
Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities. May drive a UPH vehicle, rental or own vehicle.