Supervisor, Community Outpatient Behavioral Health and Addiction Services
Full-Time 40 hours/week, Benefitted
Monday-Friday, 1st Shift
Under the direct supervision of the Manager, Outpatient Behavioral Health will provide daily oversight of the community –based outpatient behavioral health programs and staff to ensure quality, compliance, and productivity benchmarks are met. Provides staff supervision to ensure that the care model requirements are met, and that best care is provided each and every encounter. Interacts with internal and external parties in a professional, timely manner.
About UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace:
UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace is proud to offer the most comprehensive addiction and mental health services in the Peoria, Illinois region to you and your family. UnityPlace was formed by the joining of UnityPoint Health®, Human Service Center and Tazwood Center for Wellness in April of 2019. UnityPlace is a new non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the growing behavioral health care needs of the community. Our compassionate and committed treatment team is comprised of many experts from psychiatry and addiction medicine.
Our goal is to deliver comprehensive behavioral healthcare to optimize the patient's well-being. It is our privilege to partner with our patients on their journey of healing.
As a member of the UnityPlace Team, our team members are eligible for a benefits package including:
Additional benefits are available, apply today to discuss our full benefits package!
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· Role models professionalism for all disciplines; uses positive, proactive communication; is approachable; uses well-developed stress management skills; professional presentation reflects UnityPoint Health mission, vision and values, creating an environment of trust and collaboration
· Is visible and accessible to staff on a regular basis
· Is available to staff by phone or arranges for such coverage during open program hours
· Assures that scheduling and staffing is timely, proactive, cost-effective, and meets the needs of the clients served
· Provides regularly scheduled supervision to program staff. Documents supervision in a compliant manner.
· Provides initial and ongoing training to program staff
· Monitors staff work regularly to ensure quality, compliance, and productivity benchmarks are met.
· Reviews clinical documentation for medical necessity and appropriate treatment recommendations, assumes responsibility as the LPHA if applicable
· Recruits/retains high performing staff and ensures high staff performance by holding staff accountable
· Conducts annual performance reviews
· Delivers patient care if/when necessary and assumes a leadership role in a clinical crisis situation
Meet quality, compliance, and financial targets
· Participates in applicable trainings, teleconferences, and meetings.
· Prepares reports on activities and work group activities as needed.
· Ensures program meets compliance standards for all documentation and clinical charts.
· Informs manager and director of key components of the program.
· Ensures that individual and program productivity levels are met monthly.
· Holds staff accountable for individual productivity and compliance targets.
· Identifies and implements process improvement initiatives to ensure program is meeting quality, compliance, and productivity benchmarks.
· Participates in chart compliance reviews, analyzes results, and completes action plan for improvement
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, OSHA, HFS, DHS, DMH, and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Master’s degree in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, social work, psychology, pastoral counseling, family therapy, or a related field.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in behavioral health.
Minimum of two years’ experience providing supervision.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC), or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) in the State of Illinois within 2 years of employment in Supervisor role.
Current licensure in good standing as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in the State of Illinois OR
Current licensure in good standing as a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) in the State of Illinois.
Current licensure in good standing as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) in the State of Illinois.
Must have interpersonal and communication skills necessary to deal with a wide variety of clients and professionals with the ability to negotiate and establish effective working relationships with a multidisciplinary healthcare and community service team.
Must demonstrate ability to identify and act upon psychosocial needs and work independently in an outcome orientated environment.
Strong leadership skills and ability to form professional working relationships with peers.
Ability to document in, have knowledge of and use of the computer.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.