Requests and reviews contract proposals and makes recommendations. May negotiate volume discounts during the contracting process. Monitors and educates contract compliance, develops and implements cost containment initiatives, researching and uses benchmark data. Responsible to review and communicate FDA or manufacturer’s recalls to Safety Officers at IHDM and the appropriate departments; documenting and processing returns as appropriate. Provides cost analysis, member of value analysis process for review of supplies, equipment, and services needed to provide the best outcome possible, ensuring quality patient care in cost effective manner. Provides excellent customer service. Supports the process improvement process, flexibility of changing work environment and accepts cross functional responsibilities within the purchasing group. Places orders for all product lines assigned, maintains required documentation, reconciles shipping or invoices discrepancies, expedites back orders and open orders to meet customer needs. Supports clinical and value analysis by providing cost and usage analysis by utilizing MS Office software and system Procurement MMIS systems.
COVID-19 and Flu Vaccination Requirement: It is required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and Influenza. Exemption requests based on medical or religious reasons may be submitted, but must be approved for active employment.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Demonstrates initiative to continually improve quality and value to the customer. Participates actively in process improvement projects. (C)
· Performs strategic analysis on suppliers and supplier proposals; source and recommend suppliers; identify and implement improvements to supply chain using research, supplier relationships, industry knowledge and best practices (i.e., cost savings, new technologies and innovations , and operating efficiencies. (C)
· Promote and create awareness of Procurement profession by preparing and distributing reports that highlight value-added activities, such as supplier stocking programs, freed up capital, vendor service levels, inventory turns, etc. (C)
· Commits to UnityPoint Health Mission, Visions and Values. Adheres to the policies and procedures of UnityPoint Health. (C)
· Balances team and individual responsibilities; open and objective to other’s views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to positive team goals; and places the success of the team above own interests. (C)
· Demonstrates the ability to meet position expectations and responsibilities. (C)
· Demonstrates the knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately. (C)
· Provides Management with information on usage, benchmarking, forecasts, trends or other conditions which may affect operations or budget planning. (C)
· Participates in Value Analysis Teams. Position responsibility may vary based on assignment. Ranges from high level to mid level of activities. Research, sourcing, cost analysis, savings tracking, coordinating product samples and evaluations, conversion of data in MMIS systems. (C)
· Communicates professional and effectively with internal and external customers to discuss product specifications, monitor required inventory levels, evaluate new products and make recommendations regarding acquisitions. Serves as a resource to obtain product information and pricing. (C)
· Evaluates procurement activities for the acquisition of supplies, services, equipment and designated leases and contracts for review and approval. (C)
· Demonstrates knowledge of standards of compliance for all accreditation and regulatory bodies, commissions, etc. in relation to supply management. Including but not limited to DIA, DNV, HIPAA, JCAHO, OSHA (F)
· Coordinates the utilization and compliance of contracting as directed by the organization and Management. (C)
· Places orders with vendors, utilizing proper procedures that provide a clear audit trail of all transactions. (C)
· Maintains current information in MMIS systems. (C)
· Maintains liaison with vendors to ensure the procurement of high quality, expedient delivery and dependable service. (C)
· Expedites backorders to ensure customer needs are met and works open PO reports. (C)
· Researches, processes, and communicates suspended invoices, material discrepancies, payment issues with vendor and Accounts Payable and those included in the process. (C)
· Maintain and archive records according to record retention policies. (C)
· Develop and maintain vendor performance records and make recommendations for corrective action where required. (C)
· Supports Clinical Managers and Directors with information on forecasts, trends, and capital budgeting and purchasing.(C)
· Coordinates with and provides support to areas of responsibility for product trials and conversions and timely acquisition of supply and equipment needs.(C)
· Obtains and files records as required by record retention policy.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree. Experience of five (5) years purchasing supplies and services may be substituted for education. Minimum of three (3) years of purchasing supplies and equipment for a large medical facility, industrial facility or related industry.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILTIES & SKILLS: Must have strong communication and data skills to effectively work with all levels of management and clinical. Possesses excellent written and verbal skills. Must have knowledge of contacts and negotiation skills. Must be proficient in MS Office, MMIS and possess a high level of computer understanding.
· Ability to apply analytical thought and problem solving skills to effectively resolve complex issues. (C)
· Verbal ability required to communicate, mathematical ability required to analyze, mechanical ability required to assemble and repair material. (C)
· Listening skills and ability required. (C)
· Must be able to work under stressful conditions of conflicting demand deadlines. (C)
· Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and verbal and written communication skills. (C)
· Ability to manage, prioritizes, and completes multiple projects and assignments while meeting deadlines. (C)
· Must be attentive to detail and consistently demonstrate a high degree of accuracy. (C)