Assistant Manager Residential
UnityPlace, Residential Re-entry Center
Full-Time 40 hours/week, Not Benefitted
M-F, 1st shift; coverage on off hours required at times
Under the direct supervision of the RRC Manager, is responsible for compliance with Federal Bureau of Prisons (FBOP) requirements, including the Statement of Work (SOW). Provides oversight of RRC daily operations and provides direct supervision for Recovery Support Technicians (RST).
About UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace:
UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace is proud to offer the most comprehensive addiction and mental health services in the Peoria, Illinois region to you and your family. UnityPlace was formed by the joining of UnityPoint Health®, Human Service Center and Tazwood Center for Wellness in April of 2019. UnityPlace is a new non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the growing behavioral health care needs of the community. Our compassionate and committed treatment team is comprised of many experts from psychiatry and addiction medicine.
Our goal is to deliver comprehensive behavioral healthcare to optimize the patient's well-being. It is our privilege to partner with our patients on their journey of healing.
As a member of the UnityPlace Team, our team members are eligible for a benefits package including:
Additional benefits are available, apply today to discuss our full benefits package!
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· Provides oversight of RRC policy and procedure compliance with the current FBOP SOW
· Completes revision of policy and procedure in compliance with changes implemented by the FBOP
· Audits daily documentation of SOW compliance directives.
· Assists in reviewing and selecting direct care and case management new hires.
· Provides direct supervision for Recovery Support Technicians (RST) in the performance of daily duties.
· Recruits/retains high performing staff and ensures high staff performance by holding staff accountable; conducts annual performance reviews
· Assists in direct supervision of Case Management staff in the performance of daily duties.
· Develops shift assignments and weekly schedule for 24 hour Facility coverage by RSTs.
· Coordinates PRN RST coverage as required.
· Fills RST shift coverage as required.
· Provides ongoing monthly in-service training to staff in compliance with the SOW.
· Provides On-call Support as scheduled by the RRC Manager.
· Provides direct care for RRC residents as required to meet needs and meet FBOP requirements.
· Provides quality assurance compliance reviews of case files on an ongoing basis.
· Review the R3M FBOP reporting system for accuracy daily.
· Completes mandatory monthly/quarterly statistical reports for the FBOP and UnityPlace.
· Compiles statistical data and required documentation for FBOP Interim Monitoring.
· Provides oversight of UA Testing Program, Breathalyzer Program, Sign-In/Sign-Out Program, Room Search Program, Pat-Down Program, GPS Tracking Program and Vehicle Search Program.
· Provides oversight of the FBOP Incident Report, Investigation and Hearing Process for processing resident sanctions.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Master Degree in Criminal Justice or Social Services
Undergraduate Degree in Criminal Justice, Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Education, or related field with four years’ experience in social service field.
Multiple years of social service experience
Valid Driver’s License
Familiarity with criminal justice system and reentry initiative.
Good verbal and written communication skills
Strong analytical thinking and ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
Excellent customer service skills
Compassion and empathy
Ability to educate and tactfully confront issues of stigma of incarceration
Ability to write clinical chart information
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
Ability to establish rapport and demonstrate courteous, respectful and caring behavior towards residents, family members, staff, and outside contacts.
Knowledge and adherence to HIPAA and other state and federal laws and regulations.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities/hospitals.
Required to drive your own vehicle for business purposes.