Patient Safety Companion Non-Clinical
Includes every other weekend, rotating holidays
To provide additional assistance to keep identified patients safe from self-harm.
About UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace:
UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace is proud to offer the most comprehensive addiction and mental health services in the Peoria, Illinois region to you and your family. UnityPlace was formed by the joining of UnityPoint Health®, Human Service Center and Tazwood Center for Wellness in April of 2019. UnityPlace is a new non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the growing behavioral health care needs of the community. Our compassionate and committed treatment team is comprised of many experts from psychiatry and addiction medicine.
Our goal is to deliver comprehensive behavioral healthcare to optimize the patient's well-being. It is our privilege to partner with our patients on their journey of healing.
As a member of the UnityPlace Team, our team members are eligible for a benefits package including:
Additional benefits are available, apply today to discuss our full benefits package!
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Ensure patient's safety by providing a safe environment
· Directly observes identified patient(s) at all times during assigned shift
· Promotes diversionary activities as necessary
· Removes items from patient room/surroundings that are potentially dangerous
· Ensures implementation of patient safety protocols (elopement precautions)
· Maintains patient's privacy and ensure confidentiality
Assist patient with routine activities
· Assists patient with meal selection (as appropriate)
· Assists in meal tray set-up if no restrictions
· Answers patient phone
· Notifies nursing staff to assist patient with other necessary activities (toileting, ambulation, etc)
Coordinate care with appropriate hospital personnel
· Consults with Lead RN or assigned RN, Security, other staff as needed
· Reports intake and output to assigned RN
· Reports observations about patient and patient's behavior to assigned RN
· Reports changes in patient behavior to nursing staff in timely manner
Document implementation of safety protocols
· Ensures safety protocols are utilized according to policy
· Documents implementation of appropriate protocols
· Documents proof of observation and other protocols on flow sheet
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High School graduate or GED equivalent
Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within 30 days of hire/start date.
Crisis Prevention equivalent certification within 3 months of hire/start date.
One year of acute care/behavioral health or hospital experience.
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
Basic computer knowledge using word processing, spreadsheet, email, and web browser.
Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities/hospitals.
Required to drive your own vehicle for business purposes.