**$3,000 sign on bonus if external
Urbandale Urgent Care
Every 4th Weekend of each month 8a-4p, $3 shift differential
Assist in the delivery of primary health care services and patient care management by performing diagnostic imaging in an ambulatory setting.\
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work.
Questions? Contact: Jill.Wilkins@unitypoint.org
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· Accurately perform diagnostic exams of patient as requested by provider using proper MA, KV, Time and Distance parameters.
· Provide proper education of procedure to patients, their family, and others as needed
· Employ proper radiation protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards.
· Practice sterile techniques and prevent cross-contamination to patients.
· Perform quality control activities on radiation emitting equipment and darkroom equipment to ensure optimum image quality.
· Collect appropriate forms for recordkeeping
· Provide information to appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. health department).
· Verify that an annual and successful inspection is performed by a Radiation Physicist.
· Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
· Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
· Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
· Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Administrator to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Graduate of an AMA-approved school of radiologic technology. Must pass ARRT examination/registration in striving for self-improvement within twelve months of employment.
· Previous clinical experience in a medical office preferred.
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· High school diploma required if work is performed in a complex CLIA lab.
· Must have a current Iowa/Illinois/Wisconsin permit to practice.
· Must maintain ARRT registration.
· Current license to perform radiologic procedures.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work as a team member.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
· Able to write, read, comprehend and speak fluent English.
· Strong computer skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.