M-F 7a-3:30p other as needed\
To provide all electrical installation and maintenance services that include using established engineering practices in correcting malfunctions; assisting with design, installation, and modification; performing quality assurance and code required testing; and performing preventative maintenance procedures applied to all types of electrical systems, and equipment, plus other medical center equipment. This position will have sole responsibility for all electrical devices and systems in the Unity Point Health system.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
PERFORMS REGULAR AND SPECIAL WORK ASSIGNMENTS TO MAINTAIN ALL ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS AND EQUIPMENT IN A FUNCTIONAL AND SAFE CONDITION WHICH MEETS THE REQUIREMENTS OF ALL APPLICABLE CODES.
PERFORMS GENERAL AND SPECIAL WORK ASSIGNMENTS AS REQUIRED ASSIGNED WORK REQUEST OR SELF-IDENTIFICATION OF NEED. THIS IS ACCOMPLISHED IN A SAFE, EFFECTIVE, TIMELY AND EFFICIENT MANNER FOR IMPROVEMENT OF THE SYSTEMS AND BUILDINGS BEING SERVICED.
CONTINUALLY DEMONSTATES THE ABILITY TO BE RESOURCEFUL AND EFFECTIVE. WORKS TOWARDS HIGHER LEVELS OF SKILL AND EXPERTISE AND ONGOING IMPROVEMENT OF BASIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS RELATED TO THE ELECTRICAL TRADES.
PERFORMS PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE FOR THE PURPOSE OF REDUCING THE SEVERITY AND FREQUENCY OF MALFUNCTIONS OF EQUIPMENT OR SYSTEMS WHICH MAY IMPACT BUILDING OPERATION AND USE.
High School graduate or GED equivalent
· 5-10 years of experience in/with commercial electrical construction and/or building maintenance. Working knowledge of applicable parts of building codes, E.P.A. regulations, certain N.F.P.A. standards, O.S.H.A. regulations and J.C.A.H.O. requirements as it applies to the electrical fields will also be required.
· Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License in the State of Iowa.
· Additional Information: Fully equivalent knowledge and skill of a Journeyman Electrician, as recognized by local electrical trades. Journeyman license is preferred but not required.
· Required English Skills
o Basic reading skills
o Basic writing skills
o Basic oral skills
o Other: good people-to-people skills.
· Communication Skills
o Ability to respond appropriately to customer/co-worker
o Interaction with a wide variety of people
o Maintain confidential information
o Ability to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal information
o Ability to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanor
· Computer Skills
o Basic computer knowledge: Uses word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail application, and web browser. Comfortable within a Windows OS and learning new applications.
o E-mail client
o Ability to use a Windows-based OS.
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
· Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities/hospitals.
· Required to drive your own vehicle for business purposes.