Perform routine housekeeping duties to include daily cleaning of patient rooms, restrooms, lounges, offices, classrooms and corridors in accordance with standard operating procedures of the department.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
• Demonstrates ability to utilize SpaceCare QL cleaning process in all patient and ancillary areas of hospital.
• Prepares patient rooms for occupancy; demonstrates understanding of “Epic” protocol.
• Maintains neat appearance of floor surface which include: mopping of hard surface floors, vacuuming of carpets
• Performs job tasks and duties as outlined in the job description/task list while in a secured area. Nursing and Department specific decides who is granted access to rooms that contain medications/supplies.
• Transports waste to the designated trash chute or soiled utility location
• Move furniture and set up meeting rooms
• Reports repair needs of equipment, furniture, fixtures and the facility.
• Maintains equipment for cleanliness
• Abides by all UnityPoint Health- Des Moines and departmental policies.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Must be 18 years of age.
Experience: Previous housekeeping experience preferred. Must be able to safely lift bags of laundry, trash or equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. Must be able to read, write, speak and understand fluent English.
Candidates must successfully complete a post-offer, pre-employment strength and agility test at Medium Level of Work.