**$5000 sign on bonus, if external.
Methodist Cardiology Clinic
Functions as a clinician, educator and resource for patients within their specialty of care and up to their licensure in scope of practice.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work.
Questions: Contact: Deanna.Ostrander@unitypoint.org
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). o not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Function as a clinician, educator and resource for patients within their specialty of care and assist physicians with office procedures.
· Demonstrates competence in the skills necessary to carry out assigned duties.
· Triage incoming patients ensuring compliance with established admission/acceptance criteria. Direct appointments and referrals as determined by the current criteria.
· Develop, implement and evaluate the standards of practice and care for the patient population.
· Provide appropriate and timely documentation in the patient’s electronic health record using standardized workflows and processes.
Development and Patient Education
· Answer questions and provide teaching to patients and family members.
· Responsible for the development and ongoing coordination of care for patients.
· Act as a consultant both within the institution and to outside agencies or groups.
· Consult with individuals, families, community agencies or colleagues from associated disciplines or with nursing.
· Conduct or facilitate implementation of research studies and translate research findings into nursing practice.
· Preauthorize care/procedures with insurance companies.
· Meet the department work schedule as determined by the Clinic Administrator.
· Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
· Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
· Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
· Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
· Monitor environmental conditions in order to secure protected health information.
· Behave in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
· Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
· Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
· Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Administrator to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Current Iowa/Illinois/Wisconsin license to practice as a Registered Nurse.
Meets educational/competency requirements per policy.
BSN preferred but not required.
Five (5) years of nursing experience preferred.
Specialty certification preferred.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English
Microsoft Office – basic computer skills.
Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
Ability to direct others and to exercise judgment in problem situations.
Creative thinking; analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities; self-direction; theoretical implementation and evaluation.
Computer data entry experience.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Ability to work as a team member.
Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
Able to write, read, comprehend and speak fluent English.
Strong computer skills.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.