Sign-On Bonus: $10,000 for qualifying applicants!
We are looking for a full-time RN to join our float pool team! Work hours will be nights, 7:00 pm - 7:00 am, for 72 hours per pay period, and as needed. You will be required to flex to other shifts as needed. There is a holiday and a every third weekend rotation.
Resource staff float to 4 Med/Surg, 5 Med/Surg, 5 North, Acute Rehab, ICU, Behavioral Health, and, on rare occasion, may assist in the Emergency Dept. and the Pain Clinic. We do accept new grads for this position, if you are a new grad, you would only float to the Med/Surg departments.
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, contributes professional nursing knowledge and skills in the provision and management of care to patients and their families. Maintains a practice environment that reflects the Professional Practice Model and in collaboration with other care givers. The Internal Resource Team (IRT) provides support and additional resources to inpatient nursing units throughout UnityPoint Health—Dubuque during times of vacancy, high acuity, and census variations.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
Clinical Excellence and Patient Education
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Graduate of accredited nursing program (Must obtain BSN within 5 years of hire)
Bachelor of Science (BSN) degree in Nursing
One (1) year of hospital clinical experience or demonstrated clinical efficacy.
· Current licensure in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in Iowa.
· Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or within three (3) months from date of hire.
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
· Multicultural sensitivity.
· Basic computer skills.
· Customer/patient focused.
· Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
· Satisfactory completion of Finley Nurse Residency program with 1 year of start date for all nurses with minimal or no prior acute care experience.
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.