Sign-On Bonus: $10,000 for qualifying applicants!
We are looking for a full-time RN to join our team! Work hours will be nights, 7:00 pm - 7:00 am, for 72 hours per pay period, and as needed. You will be required to flex to other shifts as needed. There is a holiday and a every third weekend rotation.
Our Behavioral Health unit is an inpatient hospital program providing psychiatric services to individuals age 55 and older who are experiencing behavioral health issues. It consists of 9 beds and provides coordinated, personalized care for each patient. Our program therapy helps individuals care for themselves better and follow their primary care provider's directions, particularly about taking medicines.
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, the Registered Nurse (RN) contributes professional nursing knowledge and skills in the provision and management of care to patients and their families. Maintains a practice environment that reflects the Professional Nurse Practice Model and in collaboration with other caregivers. The RN oversees the unit as the Charge Nurse, delegating to fellow coworkers, managing staffing during their shift and aids in delivering 30 hours of programming a week to the patients.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Graduate of accredited nursing program (Must obtain BSN within 5 years of hire)
Bachelor of Science (BSN) degree in Nursing
One (1) year of hospital clinical experience or demonstrated clinical efficacy.
· Current licensure in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in Iowa
· Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or obtain certification within three (3) months from date of hire.
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
· Multicultural sensitivity.
· Basic computer skills.
· Customer/patient focused.
· Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
· Satisfactory completion of Finley Nurse Residency program with 1 year of start date for all nurses with minimal or no prior acute care experience.
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.