Sign-On Bonus: $10,000 for qualifiying applicants!
We are looking for a full-time RN to join our 5 Med/Surg department. Work hours will be days, 7:00 am - 7:00 pm, for 72 hours per pay period, and as needed. You will be required to flex to other shifts as needed. There is a holiday and a every third weekend rotation.
The 5th floor Medical/Surgical main unit has 20 beds and an overflow area with 21 beds. We provide excellent care for primarily medical patients suffering from a wide variety of medical problems, from pneumonia to heart failure. We are looking for staff that enjoy working as a team on a busy unit.
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, the RN contributes professional nursing knowledge and skills in the provision and management of care to patients and their families. Maintains a practice environment that reflects the Professional Nurse Practice Model and in collaboration with other care givers.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
Clinical Excellence and Patient Education
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Graduate of accredited nursing program (Must obtain BSN within 5 years of hire)
Bachelor of Science (BSN) degree in Nursing
One (1) year of hospital clinical experience or demonstrated clinical efficacy.
· Current licensure in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in Iowa.
· Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or within three (3) months from date of hire.
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
· Multicultural sensitivity.
· Basic computer skills.
· Customer/patient focused.
· Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
· Satisfactory completion of Finley Nurse Residency program with 1 year of start date for all nurses with minimal or no prior acute care experience.
· State of Iowa Mandatory Reporter Training possessed or completed within 6 months of hire.
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.