Bonus Incentive of $3,000 Available to Qualified Applicants!
This position is located in Cedar Rapids, IA and is an on-site position.
The Telemetry Tech serves as the expert for EKG rhythm interpretation for patients monitored remotely in the nursing units served by centralized remote telemetry. The CT I is responsible for surveillance and communication (written and verbal form) with other members of the health care team regarding patient EKG rhythm assessment.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
· Have knowledge to accurately interpret, store, and print EKG rhythms from within an electronic platform.
· Support hospital operations by assisting in duties basic to the patient care technician (PCT) or unit secretary (US) role of patient care or clerical nature to support department operations. A specific duty may be the transport of non-controlled medications within the hospital.
· Adhere to infection prevention standards of care when cleaning and disinfecting portable telemetry monitors and accessories.
· Demonstrate effective and professional communication skills. This includes verbal communication with other health care providers regarding abnormal EKG rhythms which may or may not be life-threatening. This includes real-time electronic documentation communication within the EMR. This includes effective shift to shift handover communication, written and/or verbal.
· Embody principles Comfort Theory and C.A.R.E. (Comfort, Accountability, Relationship-centered, Evidence-based) professional practice model within the role.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance. (Minimum attendance at 80% of required department meetings).
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High school diploma or GED equivalent
Complete basic computer course for EMR functionality (or demonstrate equivalent knowledge)
Must complete basic rhythms course within three (3) months from date of hire.
Completion of a fundamentals course in nursing school.
Previous experience in related field preferred.
Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or obtain certification within three (3) months from date of hire.
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
Technical aptitude – ability to learn new systems quickly
Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
Must be an ‘exceeds’ or ‘role model’ on most recent performance assessment.-