Full Time Benefits
Financial Analyst will be responsible for analyzing financial data by collecting, monitoring and creating financial models. Improve financial status by analyzing results, monitoring variances, identifying trends, recommending actions to management. Assist with the review and preparation of monthly financials statements, government reporting, forecasting tools, and annual budget. Will be responsible for taking on other special projects that align with corporate initiatives.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). o not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· Prepare analysis and reporting for central, regional, and service line leadership to assist in monitoring and measuring operational performance.
· Prepare internal and external benchmarking data
· Assist accounting staff with variance reconciliation and data mining
· Perform research and analysis needed to create a budget for assigned service lines and departments.
· Help coordinate and facilitate budget approval meetings within assigned groups.
· Maintain financial system software and act as content expert in use of the systems.
· Assist in training and end user utilization of financial systems.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
All staff are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate manager. In addition, staff are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job-related skills and abilities. All staff must attend mandatory educational programs.
CPA or MBA qualification.
Knowledge of accounting principles and practices to establish and maintain accounting systems.
Experience using 10 key calculator.
Experience with Microsoft office spreadsheet applications (i.e. Excel).
Experience in a health care organization or related reimbursement experience.
Knowledge of health care operations.
Previous experience with planning, organizing, delegating and supervising.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
Ability to take initiative and exercise independent judgment, decision making and problem solving expertise.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.