Helps assemble and deliver room service patient trays, nourishments and tube feedings to the nursing units. Makes cold items for tray line using recipes. Works with team members to assemble and delivery patient trays. Gathers dirty trays from nursing units. Works as a team to wash dishes, pots and pans, equipment and carts. Sweep and mop floors. Gather garbage and crush boxes.
COVID-19 and Flu Vaccination Requirement: It is required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 and Influenza. Exemption requests based on medical or religious reasons may be submitted, but must be approved for active employment.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· Assembles patient food trays, making sure all items are proper temp and look appealing.
· Work with team members to assemble trays in a timely manner.
· Knowledge of diets.
· Pass trays to patients. Using AIDET. 2 patient identifiers.
· Knows diets
· Friendly and outgoing
· Communicates well with co-workers, nurses and patients.
· Makes decisions in regard to customers which satisfy the customer, yet within the hospital philosophy
· Gathers dirty dishes from nursing units.
· Sorts and cleans dishes, and pots and pan.
· Gathers garbage and boxes.
· Cleans and sanitizes carts, dishmachine, and work area.
· Records temperatures of dishmachine and sanitizing solution.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
In High School, High School Diploma or GED.
Food handler certificate. ( Obtain after hire)
Performs assignments accurately
Can read and Write in English
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.