Coordinates the occupational therapy plan following completion of the assessment as defined by Iowa Licensure requirements. Provides and delegates clinical rehabilitation services to improve and maintain function; focusing on activities of daily living (ADLs), instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs), range of motion, pain control, strengthening, cognition, safety awareness and coordination activities. Acts as a resource to the interdisciplinary team, applying skills of the profession to improve outcomes of persons served. Actions are team oriented to successfully provide quality care and a high level of satisfaction for persons served through evidence - based practice.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work.
• Evaluates individuals who have medical problems or other health related conditions that limit their abilities to perform functional activities in their daily lives.
• Develops, implements and delegates treatment plan with individualized goals to promote the ability to perform ADLs and IADLs, restore function and prevent disability.
• Monitors response of persons served during therapeutic interventions.
• Supports evidence - based practices.
• Communicates and collaborates the plan of treatment with persons served, families and the interdisciplinary team.
• Maintains flexibility to work in multiple care settings as needed.
• Displays creativity and innovation in the delivery of services.
• Timely and accurate documentation and billing according to regulatory and third-party requirements. Documentation and billing for services exhibit an understanding of requirements and ethical practice.
• Manages resources to maintain efficient and effective operations.
• Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and maximize patient experience.
Professionalism and Personal Development
• Demonstrates professionalism and personal growth in daily actions.
• Promotes professional rehabilitation objectives among interdisciplinary team members.
• Consistently utilizes a holistic approach (considering physical, psych/social, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in the assigned service area).
• Participates in process improvement for enhancement of care delivery and clinical excellence.
• Fosters professional relationships that offer opportunities for enhanced patient access and care delivery.
• Exhibits flexibility with assignments including hours of operation and weekend availability to meet business and customer needs.
• Exhibits willingness to accept and learn new skills.
• Graduated from an accredited program in respective field.
• Experience in specialty area preferred.
• Current Iowa license as an OT.
• Current BLS (CPR).
• Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.