Environmental Services Tech/Courier
Part-Time 20 hours/week, Benefitted
6 am - 10 am or 4pm - 8pm
The primary responsibility is assisting in fleet management, the transportation of mail/supplies and general facility cleaning of public areas on a routine basis to provide a clean aesthetic environment.
About UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace:
UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace is proud to offer the most comprehensive addiction and mental health services in the Peoria, Illinois region to you and your family. UnityPlace was formed by the joining of UnityPoint Health®, Human Service Center and Tazwood Center for Wellness in April of 2019. UnityPlace is a new non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the growing behavioral health care needs of the community. Our compassionate and committed treatment team is comprised of many experts from psychiatry and addiction medicine.
Our goal is to deliver comprehensive behavioral healthcare to optimize the patient's well-being. It is our privilege to partner with our patients on their journey of healing.
As a member of the UnityPlace Team, our team members are eligible for a benefits package including:
Additional benefits are available, apply today to discuss our full benefits package!
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Quality of Work
· Follows all departmental cleaning procedures.
· Observes and follows Safety and Sanitation guidelines.
· Makes sure all areas are cleaned thoroughly and consistently with little or no discrepancies.
· Strives to reach Patient Satisfaction goals.
· Utilizes Wet Floor signs. Wears appropriate PPE.
· Uses downtime to improve facility appearance and accepts additional assignments.
· Schedules is completed on a consistent basis.
· Implements procedures to increase productivity.
· Equipment properly maintained (vacuum bags and filters changed).
· Keeps housekeeping closet, mop sink and cart neat and orderly.
· Maintains knowledge of duties, chemicals and equipment.
Quality of Work
Transportation of supplies and mail:
· Maintain acceptable motor vehicle record.
· Performs designated routes for transportation with efficiency, maintaining scheduled stops in the allotted time period.
· Ability to lift 30-40 lb. boxes of mail and supplies.
· Adjusts routes as necessary to meet client needs.
· Places utmost importance on customer service for all routes.
· Transports items to departments accurately and promptly as needed.
· Prepares and delivers supplies as requested. Does not wait for the next route to deliver supplies. Supplies are not left in car.
Quality of Work
· Scheduling regular maintenance on all vehicles, including regular oil changes.
· Ordering urgent or emergency repairs as needed.
· Deliver and pickup vehicles needing service or maintenance.
· Ensure vehicles are properly maintained and safe.
· Implement preventative maintenance.
· Assist drivers when offsite vehicle is not drivable.
Effectively communicates information and shares knowledge with peers, lead staff, coordinators, and internal and external customers in a timely manner.
· Completes work within assigned route times.
· Keeps abreast of changes by reading e-mail messages daily when scheduled to work and attending section meetings.
· Responds to questions by internal or external customers, peers or coordinators.
· Notifies customers of delays in collection or transport.
· Provides timely responses to customer's request and/or takes responsibility for directing the customer to appropriate personnel when necessary.
· Follows UnityPoint Health safety policies.
· Asks for assistance in completing work assignments when necessary.
· Follows up or refers problems and/or concerns to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
· Contributes ideas for improving work processes.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High School Diploma /GED
Valid driver’s license for at least one year.
Customer Service, Driving in all types of weather.
1 year of experience in/with professional cleaning not necessary but Preferred.
Valid State Driver’s License
MVR ran annually
· Basic computer knowledge using word processing, spreadsheets, email and web browsers.
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
· Customer/patient focused.
· Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.