Sign On Incentive of $5,000 for qualifying candidates!
Responsible for providing assistance in assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care on the behavioral health units under the direction of a registered nurse. Responsible for the delivery of patient care through a multidisciplinary approach. Patient treatment planning is through a multidisciplinary approach consisting of patient staffing and special care conferences. The patients served are patients of all ages in need of the secure setting of a locked behavioral health unit. St. Luke’s C.A.R.E. delivery model (Continuity, Accountability, Relationship-based, Evidence-based) reflects a commitment to compassionate, competent care delivered by the interdisciplinary team. Care is provided through a therapeutic relationship with the patient and family. A spirit of inquiry is encouraged and supported. Small tests of change and more formal research efforts are used when the evidence is not clear. Evidence-driven protocols are utilized to assure reliable and consistent care. The patients to be served include pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· Assist with admission assessment which includes completion of the comprehensive evaluation of the mental status – patient’s mood affect, thought content and psychosocial issues.
· Assist with completion of the care plan, documents on the progress towards goals per unit policy.
· Maintains competence in the management of the patient undergoing ECT where applicable.
Is knowledgeable regarding managed care implications – precertifications and utilization review
· Maintains competence in performing procedures involved with the management of violent or potentially violent patients. Complies with policies for restraint and seclusion per service guidelines.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Current licensure in good standing to practice as a licensed practical nurse in the state of Iowa.
Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification as outlined by policy or obtain certification within 3 months from the date of hire.
Prefer one (1) year of hospital clinical experience or demonstrated clinical ability.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Writes, reads, comprehends, and speaks fluent English.
Basic computer knowledge using Word processing, spreadsheet, email, and web browser.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities. May drive a UPH vehicle, rental, or own vehicle.