Marketing Communications Specialist
Some travel within the Peoria Region required.
Primary schedule is Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm.
Execute strategic marketing plan, responsible for deploying tactics and measuring success. Oversee ancillary marketing requests, coordinating fulfillment through the use of project management system. Write copy for marketing materials, coordinating internal proofreading process.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
% of Time
Support strategic marketing plan.
· Develops and deploys tactics outlined in annual strategic marketing plan
· Measures success using metrics outlined in annual strategic marketing plan
· Develops timelines, effectively coordinating tactical deployment across mediums
· Uses project management system, work closely with marketing team members, coordinating production of strategic marketing materials
· Manages internal clients, communicating timelines and expectations
Oversee ancillary marketing requests.
· Oversees the production of ancillary marketing requests from internal clients
· Coordinates production of materials through project management system
· Communicates project timelines and deadlines to internal clients and marketing team members
· Manage internal client expectations, establishing timelines and project requirements
Write copy for marketing materials.
· Writes copy for strategic and ancillary marketing materials
· Oversees department proofreading process
· Revises material to ensure compliance with UnityPoint Health brand standards
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Bachelor's Degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
· Required English Skills
o Advanced reading skills
o Advanced writing skills
o Advanced oral skills
· Communication Skills
o Ability to respond appropriately to customer/co-worker
o Interaction with a wide variety of people
o Maintain confidential information
o Ability to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal information
o Ability to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanor
· Computer Skills
o Intermediate Skill
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
· Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities/hospitals.
· Required to drive your own vehicle for business purposes.