Community Support Specialist-UnityPlace
Tazwood Mental Health Center
Full-Time 40 hours/week, Benefitted
1st Shift, Monday-Friday
Provides behavioral health assessment and treatment planning, case management, support, education, and consultation for individuals experiencing behavioral health concerns. Will provide crisis response and intervention as needed. Function as an effective team member and represent the agency in a professional manner.
About UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace:
UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace is proud to offer the most comprehensive addiction and mental health services in the Peoria, Illinois region to you and your family. UnityPlace was formed by the joining of UnityPoint Health®, Human Service Center and Tazwood Center for Wellness in April of 2019. UnityPlace is a new non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the growing behavioral health care needs of the community. Our compassionate and committed treatment team is comprised of many experts from psychiatry and addiction medicine.
Our goal is to deliver comprehensive behavioral healthcare to optimize the patient's well-being. It is our privilege to partner with our patients on their journey of healing.
As a member of the UnityPlace Team, our team members are eligible for a benefits package including:
Additional benefits are available, apply today to discuss our full benefits package!
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Provide clinically supportive services such as case management, individual interventions, education to individuals with a mental illness
· Completes assessment and treatment plan with client. Request consultation, where indicated, in a diligent and timely manner.
· Provides crisis assessment and intervention, completes safety plan with client, and follows up with client following crisis situation. Coordinates with Emergency Response Service and other crisis service teams when clinically appropriate.
· Provides individual and group services to include, but not limited to, monitoring of daily living activities, assistance maintaining benefits and entitlements, assistance with employment and education, support to manage symptoms, skills training, advocacy for client’s rights and preferences, assistance accessing resources, family support, coordination of services and care.
· Maintains records in accordance with UnityPlace policies, as well as state and federal oversight agencies and accreditation agencies including Joint Commission, Medicaid, Medicaid Rehabilitation Option, Illinois Department of Public Health, and Commercial Insurances.
· Acts as a liaison and resource between the community and client needs; coordinates treatment goals with community agencies, primary care physicians, court system, and managed-care entities.
Provide effective communication
· Provides effective, concise and pertinent documentation in a timely manner
· Actively maintains open communication and demonstrates a cooperative, teamwork style with clients and their family members
· Communicates pertinent issues to medical staff and other team members
· Serves as an advocate for clients
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, Joint Commission, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of UnityPlace administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Bachelor's degree in counseling and guidance, rehabilitation counseling, social work, education, vocational counseling, psychology, pastoral counseling, family therapy, or related human service field.
Bachelor's degree in any other field with two years of documented clinical experience in a mental health setting under the supervision of a QMHP.
High school diploma or GED and a minimum of five years documented clinical experience in mental health or human services
1 or more years of experience providing service to individuals with a severe and persistent behavioral health needs.
Valid driver’s license in the State of Illinois
MVR must be ran annually
If education requirements are not met:
· A practical nurse who holds a valid license in the state of practice, OR
· Certificate of psychiatric rehabilitation from a DHS-approved program, plus a high school diploma or GED, plus two years' documented experience in providing mental health, OR
· Certified Recovery Support Specialist, OR
· Certified Family Partnership Professional
Ability to delegate wisely, exercise good judgment, maintain good interpersonal relationships, adapt to change, evaluate critically and think creatively.
Individual will demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care to clients with severe and persistent mental illnesses.
Individual will demonstrate effective written and verbal skills allowing communication with physicians, co-workers, other clinic/hospital personnel, as well as the public.
Position requires good organizational skills.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.