Behavioral Health Professional-ERS-UnityPlace
Full-Time 32 hours/week, Benefitted
2nd Shift, some weekends
***$5,000 LPC or LSW, $10,000 for fully Licensed Clinician***
Position provides crisis intervention services/assessments/evaluation and stabilization/case management to people in a primarily community-based environment.
About UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace:
UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace is proud to offer the most comprehensive addiction and mental health services in the Peoria, Illinois region to you and your family. UnityPlace was formed by the joining of UnityPoint Health®, Human Service Center and Tazwood Center for Wellness in April of 2019. UnityPlace is a new non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the growing behavioral health care needs of the community. Our compassionate and committed treatment team is comprised of many experts from psychiatry and addiction medicine.
Our goal is to deliver comprehensive behavioral healthcare to optimize the patient's well-being. It is our privilege to partner with our patients on their journey of healing.
As a member of the UnityPlace Team, our team members are eligible for a benefits package including:
Additional benefits are available, apply today to discuss our full benefits package!
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Provide Crisis intervention/case management and clinical services
· Actively listens to presenting issues, uses motivational interviewing skills and crisis interventions to ensure safety and determine appropriate course of action
· Exercises judgment and decision-making that is clinically safe, logical and deliberate
· Reach a resolution of crises that is clinically appropriate and least restrictive
· Recognize, respect and effectively deal with values and cultural beliefs of clients, their families and community resources and referrals
· Works with law enforcement, emergency departments and other emergency personnel in crisis situations
· Provides follow up case management as assigned
· Maintains appropriate treatment boundaries with clients and family members
· Maintains required productivity
Complete clinical documentation and other forms of communication in a timely manner
· All documentation is completed the same day of service and accurately reflects the reason for contact, interventions used and outcomes
· Completes legal paperwork for inpatient admissions thoroughly to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory standards including patient rights
· Completes paperwork required for billing purposes
· Reports any critical or unusual situations and completes incident reports as required
· Interact and communicate with law enforcement, medical staff and other community providers effectively
· Communicates effectively in-person, through email; responds in a timely manner to voicemails
· Uses effective means to educate others about mental illness and addiction
Maintains current knowledge of community resources and provides information to appropriate parties
· Serves as a resource for individuals and community providers for community resources and how to access them
· Has an understanding of and complies with Illinois’ Mental Health & Developmental Disabilities Code
· Serves as a mandated reporter and ensures reports are filed with appropriate parties
· Participates in clinical supervision as outlined by immediate supervisor, and keeps supervisor informed of clinical issues, concerns and outcomes
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral health/social service field or related field
Master’s degree in psychology, social work or related field preferred
1 or more years of experience providing service to individuals with severe and persistent behavioral health needs
Valid driver’s license in the State of Illinois
MVR must be ran annually
Licensed as LCPC, LCSW, LMFT preferred
Ability to work with all different age groups.
Basic computer skills/ability to keyboard – completing documentation in the electronic and/or paper medical record.
Ability to drive in a variety of weather conditions.
Ability to perform de-escalation techniques
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Work requires travel