Outpatient Mental Health Clinician-UnityPlace
Methodist-Adult Psych PHP
Full-Time 40 hours/week, Benefitted
Monday-Friday; day time hours
***$10,000 Sign On Bonus***
To provide assessment, treatment planning, and group/individual/therapy for behavioral health patients in Partial Hospitalization Program.
About UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace:
UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace is proud to offer the most comprehensive addiction and mental health services in the Peoria, Illinois region to you and your family. UnityPlace was formed by the joining of UnityPoint Health®, Human Service Center and Tazwood Center for Wellness in April of 2019. UnityPlace is a new non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the growing behavioral health care needs of the community. Our compassionate and committed treatment team is comprised of many experts from psychiatry and addiction medicine.
Our goal is to deliver comprehensive behavioral healthcare to optimize the patient's well-being. It is our privilege to partner with our patients on their journey of healing.
As a member of the UnityPlace Team, our team members are eligible for a benefits package including:
Additional benefits are available, apply today to discuss our full benefits package!
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
Provides quality clinical services to clients through individual, group, and/or family therapies
· Group facilitation reflects expertise in group dynamics
· Services reflect accepted standards of care
· Interventions reflect a knowledge of age-appropriate behaviors
· Cognitive behavioral therapy and other brief therapies are utilized whenever appropriate
· Documentation reflects interventions of clinician as well as responses of clients to these interventions
· If patient becomes agitated, aggressive, or violent, CPI methods will be used.
Completes initial and ongoing assessment of client.
· The initial assessment is dictated or hand-written within 48 hours of visit
· The assessment includes all five diagnostic axes.
· The assessment includes all salient information in all life domain
· The assessment includes a description of the presenting problem as well as a summary of the behavioral illness(es)
· The assessment includes family history of behavioral illness.
· The assessment includes a detailed description of patient's history of substance use
· Information from significant others is included whenever available and appropriate, with all necessary releases
· Patient is ongoingly assessed during each subsequent visit, and this is documented in the progress notes.
· Obtains pertinent information from other sources, i.e. teacher, PCP, counselor, etc. whenever possible for purposes of conducting a thorough assessment
Provides case management, referrals, and discharge planning
· Assists with obtaining authorization for visits whenever necessary.
· Coordinates treatment as well as discharge with significant others, employers, schools, involved welfare agencies, psychiatrist, and any other care provider as appropriate
· Identifies clinically appropriate level of care; facilitates transition between levels of care within the Behavioral Health and Psychiatric Care Center's continuum of care
· Provides timely feedback to referring party with appropriate releases
· Provides timely discharge information to other care providers with appropriate releases.
Documentation is timely, concise, relevant, and meets payor/legal requirements
· Completes treatment plan which includes goals, expected length of treatment, and planned interventions on every patient seen for ongoing therapy
· Initial assessment is on chart prior to second visit, and includes all five Axes, and all bio-psycho-social realms
· Progress notes are completed following each patient visit (including group visits) and reflect active treatment based on the treatment plan, progress towards goals, and patient's response to treatment; progress notes are congruent with department policies/procedures, e.g. ‘DAIR' charting.
· All hand-written documentation is legible and is written on appropriate department forms.
· Completes all documentation and correspondence as expected by payor whenever necessary
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Master’s Degree in Psychology, Nursing, Counseling, or Social Work
3-5 years of experience in/with clinical mental health setting
Current licensure in good standing as a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in the State of Illinois.
Required English Skills
· Advanced technical/clinical reading, writing, oral skills.
· Ability to respond appropriately to customer/co-worker
· Interaction with a wide variety of people
· Maintain confidential information
· Ability to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal information
· Ability to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanor
· Basic computer knowledge: Uses word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail application, and web browser. Comfortable within a Windows OS and learning new applications.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities/hospitals.
Required to drive your own vehicle for business purposes.