Sign-On Bonus: $3,000 for qualifying applicants!
We are looking for a part-time Patient Care Tech (CNA) to work on our 4 Med/Surg department. Work hours will be days, 7:00 am - 3:00 pm, for 48 hours per pay period, and as needed. You will be required to flex to other shifts as needed. There is a holiday and a every other weekend rotation.
The 4th floor Medical/Surgical unit is a 20-bed unit. 4 Med/Surg staff primarily care for adult patients who are recovering from surgery, but may also care for those that are acutely ill with a wide variety of medical problems and disease. The primary patient population on this unit is general surgery and total joint replacements (i.e. hip and knee).
Under the supervision of an RN, the Patient Care Technician (PCT) provides direct patient care. Performs procedures for patients and provides technical services and support. Successful performance contributes to a holistic approach to the delivery of services, improved patient care, and a high level of satisfaction from patients and families.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High school diploma/GED or
· Successful completion of Certified Nursing Aide (CNA) program with active registration on Iowa Direct Care Registry
· OR at least at a junior level in an accredited BSN program
Previous healthcare experience
Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or within three (3) months from date of hire.
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
· Multicultural sensitivity.
· Basic computer skills.
· Customer/patient focused.
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
· State of Iowa Mandatory Reporter Training possessed or completed within 6 months of hire.