Job Title: Intern - Radiology Tech
Location: Methodist campus
Hours per week: as needed evenings and weekends
Radiology student intern will assist technologist with patient care and associated clinical documentation.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
COVID-19 and Flu Vaccination Requirement: It is required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and Influenza. Exemption requests based on medical or religious reasons may be submitted, but must be approved for active employment.
Assists the technologist in performing basic patient care according to medical center policies and procedures to ensure quality patient care of assigned patients of all ages.
· Demonstrates knowledge of patient care, comfort and safety procedures.
· Demonstrates knowledge of moving, lifting, transferring and ambulating patients using standard safety practices (or proper body mechanics).
· Demonstrates knowledge of film and paper work processes (correct film identification).
· Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
1. Performs department maintenance duties/errands upon request to help ensure a clean, efficient department. Uses time, supplies and other resources productively to promote responsive and cost effective care. Performs support functions of the medical imaging department to ensure patient expectations and needs are met.
· Participates in assigned maintenance tasks such as: cleaning x-ray tables and equipment.
· Assists in stocking necessary room supplies such as linen, emesis basins, etc.
· Assists assigned area with readings and errands as requested.
· Transports paper work internally between work areas (traffic control, sorting areas, ED, etc).
· Prioritizes messages and work in an efficient consistent manner
· Assists others in assignment completion
· Relays information in an accurate manner to correct individual
· Uses maintenance services efficiently by promptly reporting unsafe equipment or risky situation
· Promptly processes images and paper work to ensure timely turn around in providing a report to the physician's office.
· Maintains and coordinates patient flow to ensure efficient and expedient patient care, transporting patients to and from the department as required.
· Maintains and ensures a safe environment for patients and personnel and maintenance of the QA, QC, QI programs.
· Assists physicians and other hospital personnel in locating images for review in PACS.
· Able to access and print reports from the RIS system.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Must be 17 years of age or older.
High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Currently enrolled in a field of Medical Imaging educational program preferred.
CPR- must show proof of documentation at time of hire or obtain within 90 days of hire
Basic reading, writing, oral English skills
Basic computer knowledge
Critical thinking skills using independent judgement in making decisions
Ability to respond appropriately to customer/co-worker
Interaction with a wide variety of people
Maintain confidential information
Ability to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal information
Ability to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanor
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities