7am-7pm Every Third Weekend
The Clinical Decision Unit RN is responsible for coordinating the care of patients and families utilizing the nursing process. Summary of duties include: performing a physical and psychological assessment, collection of current symptoms, obtaining a detailed patient history, utilizing nursing knowledge for critical thinking, planning of care, prioritizing of cares, evaluating response to interventions and planning for the needs of the patient and family.
$10,000 Sign-On Bonus!!
Why UnityPoint Health?
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
Development & Patient Education
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
Graduate of accredited nursing program
Prefer one (1) year of acute care clinical experience or demonstrated clinical efficiency.
· Current licensure in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in Iowa.
· Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or obtain certification within 30 days from date of hire.
· Must obtain and maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support within 90 days and Pediatric Advanced Life Support within 6 months of hire
· Full time staff must obtain Trauma Nurse Core Course within one year of hire
· Must obtain NIHSS education within 90 days of hire and maintain every two years thereafter
· Completion of four hours of stroke education prior to the end of orientation and annually
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Current certification in Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support and Trauma Nurse Core Course
· Must be CPI/MOAB (Management of Aggressive Behaviors) certified within the first 6 months of hire and maintain certification throughout employment (renewal every 2 years).
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
Microsoft Office – basic computer skills.
Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities. May drive a UPH vehicle, rental or own vehicle.