Provides receptionist and secretarial services. Successful performance contributes to a holistic approach to the delivery of services, improved patient care, and a high level of satisfaction from patients and families. Provides clerical support for staff. Delivers and obtains information, specimens, and supplies within the facility.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
• Performs general secretarial/receptionist support to the department.
• Handles mail, performs routine copying and orders supplies.
• Answers, screens and routes calls. Communicates effectively with a wide variety of families and employees.
• Use of multiple computer software not limited to but includes Microsoft Office programs and EPIC.
• Reports any questions or concerns regarding compliance immediately to the attention of department or organization/hospital administrative staff.
• Utilizes a family-centered approach (considering physical, psych/social, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients served.
• Shows responsible and accountable management of human, fiscal, and material resources.
• Accepts responsibility for maintaining and developing personal and professional skills and knowledge related to the work area assigned.
• Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
• Integrates and demonstrates the Expectations for Personal and Service Excellence to guide professional behaviors, while adhering to the policies and procedures of UPHDM.
• Balances team and individual responsibilities; open and objective to other’s views; gives them welcome feedback; contributes to positive team goals; and puts the success of the team above own interests.
• Demonstrates the knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
Experience: One year experience in business or secretarial environment preferred. Must be familiar with word processing software and basic computer skills. Previous healthcare experience preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English. Multicultural sensitivity. Microsoft Office – basic computer skills. Customer/patient focused.